The Kingdom

Sun May 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Few pictures from a recent trip to kerry, Arrived down on the 7th of may for a week. Fishing was slow at times and the weather wasnt ideal with easterly winds and heavy showers but managed to pull out few decent ones. Finished up with 8 undulates best of which was a 12.5 pound one , 1 tornback , 1 bass , few strap conger and 2 pound plaice. No stingers unfortunately but hopen to get back down again when it heats up and give them a try.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by joeymackerel on Sun May 22, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Kingdom

Sun May 22, 2016 5:08 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Sun May 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Sun May 22, 2016 8:57 pm

Wow , that's some fishing for this time of year . Wel done.

Sun May 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Some lovely fish there joeymackerel, is that a tag in one of the night time undulates?

Sun May 22, 2016 11:00 pm

johnwest wrote:Some lovely fish there joeymackerel, is that a tag in one of the night time undulates?

Yeah thats right , 4 of the undulates i caught were tagged. I actually lost a trace while fishing off fenit pier and maybe a hour later it became tangled in the trace i was fishing with . There was serious weight when i was reeling in i taut it was a big stinger but it was actually a large female hooked on the trace i had lost and a smaller male was holding onto her wing with his teeth . Both fish were tagged , tag on female was very new so reckon it was tagged a day before in the competition.

Mon May 23, 2016 1:53 am

Deadly fishing lads.

Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 am

Well done joey nice fishing

Mon May 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Very nice fishing there Joeymackeral. Beautiful markings on those undulates.

Thu May 26, 2016 3:48 pm

joeymackerel wrote:
johnwest wrote:Some lovely fish there joeymackerel, is that a tag in one of the night time undulates?

Yeah thats right , 4 of the undulates i caught were tagged. I actually lost a trace while fishing off fenit pier and maybe a hour later it became tangled in the trace i was fishing with . There was serious weight when i was reeling in i taut it was a big stinger but it was actually a large female hooked on the trace i had lost and a smaller male was holding onto her wing with his teeth . Both fish were tagged , tag on female was very new so reckon it was tagged a day before in the competition.

4 out of 8 undulates were tagged! Says a lot for catch and release.

Thu May 26, 2016 4:19 pm

well done joey

Fri May 27, 2016 12:56 am

Super fishing Joeymackeral!

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Fri May 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Well done, great sessions there.
I fished the same beach last week on Thursday and no ray to show for apart from the dead one that was left behind on the shingle, did get flounder all in their 30's+ and Gurnard.
Fished the same pier at the same spot on Thursday night/Friday morning also no ray, did get few codling and loads of spider crab. When tide started dropping moved down to the very beginning of the pier and got some dogs but that was it.