the ledges redbay mon 21/11/05

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:46 pm

People:me and my father

Duration:14.00-1900

Tide:1 hour in 4 hours down

Weather:crackin day ,sunny ,dry, no wind

Bait:rag,lug mack squid and white rag

Rigs:2 hook clipped pats and float gear

Results:approx 40 fish, 8 dogs ,1codling,2 weevers 7 coalies,6 wrasse,1 dab, 4 pouting and about 12 pollack.

Report:after a couple of poor sessions on red bay pier and cushendun beach which resulted in a catch of 12 undersized fish between them.so we decided to fish a daylight session at the ledges and to fish the last 2 hrs into darkness
a pencil type float with a few split shot fished close in over the rough ground accounted for 6 coalies, 4 wrasse and 12 pollack, the rough ground was alive with small fish with only 1pollack a keeper,even so it was great craic on the light gear
all the other fish came on the bachcasters on the sand including he weevers, one of which wasn't even hooked but was hanging from one of the grip wires of my lead ,in the dark i never noticed my stow away guest ad only became aware of him when i went to set the wires and felt someting slimy around the back with his spines erected, lucky enough he never got me
no monsters but a great days fishin

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:53 pm

Sounds like you had a cracking days fishing :D
BTW where abouts in Red Bay are the ledges ???

Cheers Andy

Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:35 pm

if you are driving up the coast it is before you go into waterfoot, there is an old ruined pier, the ledges is the mark just before this with a kind of layby with room for one or two cars.basically fishing just beside the road.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:43 am

is there not a mark called the ledges further up the coast towards larne outside glenarm???car park there holds about a dozen cars,fishing of rocks into deep water but it is rough ground. i met stuarty from carrick fishing it one night.??????

Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:43 pm

this mark where you met stuarty i think is garron point some guys call it garron ledges because of the small ledge down below the high rock on the right which u can fish off.
rab

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:04 pm

i'd say it was the garron point beachcaster, also a mark ive never fished this time of year, anybody ever tried it round this time? very productive during the summer but doesnt fish too many rods.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:27 pm

oh yeah garron can throw up some good fish at this time of year, some of the species are cod, coalies big rockling and of course big congers :D ....tides don't really matter and fishing can be difficult due to those currents during the flood..