FAHAN DONEGAL

Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:48 pm

People:11 MEMBERS CARRICKFERGUS BEACH & ROCKERS S.A.C.

Duration: 5 HOURS

Tide: OUTGOING

Weather: DRY, CLOUDY,N/WEST BREEZE

Bait: MOSTLY SANDEEL,& MACKERAL

Rigs: I WAS USING ONE UP ONE DOWNS WITH SIZE 2/O BASS HOOKS (MUSTADS)

Results: I CAUGHT ONE THORNBACK 2.740KGS (6LBS) THE ONLY KEEPER OF THE SESSION USING FRESH MACKERAL FOR BAIT

Report: Dont know were the fish were , this is normally a very productive mark, plenty of mackeral being caught on sandeel bait, also a few undersized tub gurnards. with one fish i took the heaviest fish cash pool and the super cash pool for most points. :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:57 pm

i take it you gave the winnings to charity then stuarty?!!! :lol: :roll: :shock: just kiddin mate!
on a serious note tho, at this time of year there definately should be more rays at fahan but who knows where theyve gone from a few weeks ago?the place was rammed with them!

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:51 am

yep gave the winnings to the stuarty charity :wink:
had to give wee stu 50%
anyway i went to ballylumford harbour and caught fish all evening wrasse , coalies and pollock
cant understand what was wrong at fahan yesterday

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:22 am

Where exactly at Fahan were you fishing? At the marina or at the beach? Were you not pestered with boats/jetskis?

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:54 pm

Fished on the beach and yep it was a bit of an in out session
john scotts rod was the only one pulled over by a poser in a speed boat, i know they have to use the channel to get in and out but this guy was almost on the beach, but i suppose thats one of the problems of fishing a usually prolific area, we`re ofF to try cushendun beach tonight to see whats about up there, ill post a report when im home.