fished there most evenings last week
Catch;
bass 18 mostley 1 to 2 LBs fish best 4LBs
bream 4 2small ones 2 about 1lbs
lots of coddling to 2/3LBs
lots of dabs
2 flounder 1LBs each
best session;11 bass,3bream,4coddling 2LBs(23/6/05
3 hook patenoster rigged pennel style 2ounce leads allowed to drag about lugs only bait

Good stuff

Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:02 pm

Well done poacher. A good session indeed. Did you return the bass?
Regards,
John D

Re: Good stuff

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:07 pm

John D wrote:Well done poacher. A good session indeed. Did you return the bass?
Regards,
John D

hi john
all except 4 lber
do you fish for bass?
if you do i think u should try the cunnigar think its the most underated beach in ireland.
have had lots bite per cast sessions 20+ bass with 7/8 over 4lbs
have had 50+ schoolies in one session
have had 5 over 8lbs in o9ne session
100+ so far this year; and its the worst year ever
often more than 200 bass cought on one tide
100+fish over 9 lbs taken every year
have seen fish 15lbs taken

Amazing

Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:26 pm

Yes I do fish for Bass. Although I've never caught one over the 1 1/2 lb mark. I live in Dublin so from my knowledge and experience there aren't any good bass marks around. However, I do have this fascination with bass even though I can count how many I've caught with two hands; 7 to be exact. I caught two from Curracloe beach during a night session when I was about 14. I caught 4 down in Cork last year when spinning from a little beach near Castletownbear using a dexter wedge. And I caught my last one fishing from Donaghmore beach in Wexford last year. Although they are all small fish I do be delighted when I catch them. All fish are returned alive of course. I think I should make it by business to visit this mark you are talking about. Thanks very much for sharing this information.
Regards,
John D

Cunnigar Watreford

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi Poacher,

I am coming down to waterford on Saturday with the intention of trying the Cunnigar. Your reports have got me all fired up and ready to get some of those Bass and maybe a Bream!! Will you be around there over the weekend, I 'd like to say hello if you are.

Do you know what the tide is like there on Saturday?

Many Thanks

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:25 pm

Great to hear your catching fish Poacher. However, if you want to keep your mark fishing well into the future - calm down the reports or you may find no space for yourself and remember, sometimes rogue netters look at these sites. Best regards

Cunnigar reports

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:18 pm

Hi Wrongfoot, good point, unfortunately netters seem easier to catch than Bass in the South East. Just also like to point out that I'm not one of them!!

CUNNIGAR WATERFORD

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Hi fellow anglers includun kstaff , im also heading to waterford at the weekend with the family and a couple of the carrickfergus club members, the recent reports have certaintly got me fired up, we are hopin to book into caravan sites locally at dungarvan will probably arrived sat afternoon it would be great to meet up with some of ya to give us some tips , can you dig lug locally cos all i can get is rag and itll probably only keep for a few days, i will bring extra in case any of you want to try it, looking forward to a good weeks fishing , is there anywhere you can catch tope from around the locality? Hope to hear from or see some of you soon cheers stuarty langridge carrickfergus co. Antrim

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:56 pm

fished cunnigar 5/30 8/30p.m.
10 small bass
1 3lb mullet
will be there tomorrow sun. 9th from 6/00p.m.9/00
approch with caution////////humour?????rod++++++++++
will help if ican

Re: report

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:10 pm

[quote="poa/"]fished cunnigar 5/30 8/30p.m.
10 small bass
1 3lb mullet
will be there tomorrow sun. 9th from 6/00p.m.9/00
approch with caution////////humour?????rod++++++++++
will help if ican[/quote

fished cunnigar 6/30pm8p.m
2 bream 1lb each
lots of small bass
1 8 .L.B.s bass.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:59 am

Saving that big Bass for After I went home?? :D :D Cheers for showing me the ropes over there Mate. I had a nice time. I'll be down again in a few weeks to try get a few on the fly.

Kev

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:11 am

I wouldn't worry about it too much wrongfoot. Any rogue netter will have the crap beaten out of them by the existing rouge netters in the area. It's a tough spot, and Poacher has fished it a bit and is getting the best out of it. There are planty of 1lb bass, but the bigger ones are few and far between. You need to fish it a bit. Very "Flats" like, which is interesting.

Kev

Cunnigar

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:14 pm

Hi Mac

How did you get on.

I fished it on Sunday from 6.30 to 9.30 with 2 mates. Not a bite but lots of schoolies around.

We had lug, crab, mackerel and razor not a sausage. The crabs were feeding which makes you think that not many big bass would be around if they were so confident to come out.

My main disappointment was that my favorite lug beds appear ruined. These are on the seaward side of the old railway track at ballincourty. The sea wall was badly damaged last October and the council are repairing it. but have compacted and removed sand all over the lug beds. I think it will be at least next year before they recover. To look at the area you would think these quys must be racing trucks and diggers on the beach and I cannot understand why they had to dump gravel and rocks 200 yards from the sea wall. Anyway nobody thought of the environment during the process. Its a shame.

Re: Cunnigar

Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:48 pm

drseafish wrote:Hi Mac

How did you get on.

I fished it on Sunday from 6.30 to 9.30 with 2 mates. Not a bite but lots of schoolies around.

We had lug, crab, mackerel and razor not a sausage. The crabs were feeding which makes you think that not many big bass would be around if they were so confident to come out.

My main disappointment was that my favorite lug beds appear ruined. These are on the seaward side of the old railway track at ballincourty. The sea wall was badly damaged last October and the council are repairing it. but have compacted and removed sand all over the lug beds. I think it will be at least next year before they recover. To look at the area you would think these quys must be racing trucks and diggers on the beach and I cannot understand why they had to dump gravel and rocks 200 yards from the sea wall. Anyway nobody thought of the environment during the process. Its a shame.

hi dresfish/mac/
fished same area today
1 beram (mate alan had 2+5 small bass
10+ small bass
1 6.5 bass
1 dogfish
2flounder
got fish on most casts
last 2 days lost large fishs hook lines broke thiek they were large bream splashed alot when hooked 1each day

Re: Cunnigar

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:06 am

poa/ wrote:
drseafish wrote:Hi Mac

How did you get on.

hi dresfish/mac/
fished same area today
1 beram (mate alan had 2+5 small bass
10+ small bass
1 6.5 bass
1 dogfish
2flounder
got fish on most casts
last 2 days lost large fishs hook lines broke thiek they were large bream splashed alot when hooked 1each day
if u want to ishow u bet if u come fish with me uget at least acupple of bass in 1 hour up to 2lb
my names arthur
087/2141343
ifish most days

My opinion

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:20 am

Hello everybody who has been in discussion in this post.

I would just like to make a small comment.

I would like to say that this topic is the most pleasant and helpful topic I have ever seen on the web site.

Every body seems to want to help each other out and share information.
Also, everybody involved in this topic seems to have a common interest apart from sea angling, that is respect for fish stocks and its conservation.

Fair play to you all.
I wish you all the best with your sea angling adventures.

Regards,
John D

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:26 am

I got 1 small Bass Drseafish. Poacher got about 10. I was trying for them on the fly for the first couple of hours. I hooked one of about 1.5lbs. He shook the hook after about 20 seconds. I switched to bait and got the one on Lug. Nice buzz though. Very different spot for me. I usually fish rocky marks. This is a very large sand expanse. The tide starts to run onto the sand about 1.5 hours into the flood. You can stand hundreds of yards out into the water casting a fly. On a sunny day you might be forgiven for thinking that you are on one of the tropical flats, this place has a similar feel. All in all great craic, but I fear for the place. I hear there are long lines all over the place for Bass and they are netted in the middle of the day by some people.

Those Lug beds are in a mess alright. There are still lug there but they are very hard work.

Kev

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:11 pm

Poacher I will be in touch.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:54 pm

drseafish wrote:Poacher I will be in touch.

10 g.h.s.b. last night tuesday