Girl friend lands first fish

Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Myself and my girlfriend fished the east wall pier in Ringsend on Sunday. We fished an hour and a half before high tide and a half an hour after. We were spinning.
Dexter wedge and German sprat.
A pollack each. Both fish taken very close in around the rocks.
Very windy conditions.
No mackerel reported.
A hell of a lot of people fishing.
Any one that hooked a fish hooked a pollack.
All fish were under 1/2lb.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:00 pm

Well done to your girlfriend,

My x used to fish a lot with me all over the country and she got into the match fishing and often won competitions when she was fishing against some of the best anglers in the country she hasnt been fishing in a while but she told me she is going out soon again.

She was very popular with the lads as when ever it was pissing rain she always had a beach buddy to shelter her as most of the lads fishing the big competitions wouldnt leave a lady standing in the rain.

She could learn to cast a multiplyer much easier than a bloke as she listened and learned.

I know a casting instructor and he told me women learn the pendelum much quicker than men as the are good listeners..............

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:54 pm

Where is the East Wall pier

The East Wall pier is situated in....

Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:33 pm

I'm not sure if it's even called the East Wall Pier. However, it's the pier in Dublin Bay on the Dun Laoghaire side.

ha ha ha

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:26 am

well when i took my girl friend fishing off rocks
she decieded to catch a plaice but not only that she caught it on float, don't ask i dont know how she did it but there you go.. see if any one can beat that....

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:36 pm

Fish fairly regularly with my other half, decided she was the one for me one lovely hot Sunday a year or two back in The Bridges of Ross when she stripped down to a bikini and proceeded to start hauling in fish right left and centre. A serious crowd developed on the other side of the inlet we were fishing from all the mack bashers trying to get a look! Walking back to the car that evening, bumped into a couple of lads, only thing they said as walking past was "respect"!

Petekd

Re: Girl friend lands first fish

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:28 pm

John D wrote:Myself and my girlfriend fished the east wall pier in Ringsend on Sunday. We fished an hour and a half before high tide and a half an hour after. We were spinning.
Dexter wedge and German sprat.
A pollack each. Both fish taken very close in around the rocks.
Very windy conditions.
No mackerel reported.
A hell of a lot of people fishing.
Any one that hooked a fish hooked a pollack.
All fish were under 1/2lb.

Well done John D - any photos?

And never mind the Pollock - we all know what they look like! :wink: