waterfoot pier

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:32 am

me and couple of mates

3hrs

Tide:an hour or 2 up from low.

Weather: calm and warm

Bait: freshly dug Lug, old rag and mackrel we found up there.

Results: 4 small dabs, 2 dogfish of decent size, 1 small coallie and a codling about 1lb

headed up to the ledges to try spinning for some pollock, but got the tide completely wrong, so went on to the pier. didnt have any bait so we decided to try and dig our own lol. didnt go too bad got a lot of lug (yellow tail i beilve, my fingers are still yellow this morning!!!) and some dead crabs but turned out they were decayed on the inside.
got the pier and found some mackrel and rag which was handy. first cast my mates rod went mental literally after hitting the water. brought it in and a had a small dab on top hook to mackrel. this continued for about an hour and a half every cast tons of bites but not big ones.
as it got darker and the water came up a bit it died off but then my rod thumped and it turned out to be a codling! (i didnt think you would get them this time of year??) it took a Lug and mackrel cocktail. 2 decent doggies to finish the night off 1 on lug other 1 on mackrel. not a bad night trying again next week :D