greystones(back of the hotel)

Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:34 am

FISHED HERE LAST NITE 54 FISH BETWEEN TWO IN 3 HOURS ON AN EBBING TIDE 8 SPECIES, NOTHING BIY BUT GREAT FUN, BAITS WERE SANDEEL MACKERAL LUG AD SQUID.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:45 am

Howya..
Where is this 'back of the hotel' place??
Also.. does anyone know..when fishing the N.beach.. where is the closest possible place you can park your car to get to the top of the beach near the rocks? Can you park anywhere that will enable you to walk out from under the bridge?
Cheers,
Bren

Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:29 am

the hotel is located on the coast its a pink hotel not sure of the name but if the follow the round around by the chipper u can't miss it.you'll see like a walk way down a fewsteps and thats were to fish. as for the north beach if you head out of greystones for bray there is a right turn,'you'll sign 'the grove' follow that road to its end and cross the rail trax and walk all the way down and come out under the bridge... fished the north beach near the chipper on saturday...very bad weather but perfect tide... we had 43 coalfish the biggest just under a pound, whitting, dogfish, flounder, dabs, three bearded rockling, codling all small but fun... 74 fish in all in 3 hour session.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:19 pm

What was the tide like gitboy?

Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:52 pm

hiya frank, basiaclly it was a big tide over 4 meters... and its was hghg tide around 4 o'clock which was just at it was getting dark... ideal conditons if i do say

Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:34 pm

Cheers.. I must try that next time instead of parking way down the other end of the beach and almost dying trying to lug all my gear down the stoney beach ( I only made it a few hundred yards ) :oops:
Is it true that if you come out from under the bridge and take a left and walk all the way to the end of the beach where you fish that the tide comes in right up to the cliff?? If so where is the best place to fish on this beach where you can stay put throughout the high tide!
:?: :?:
Thanks,
Bren

Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:04 am

personally i prefer to go under the bridge and take a left and go about 750 yards to a place where u can kinda sit on the edge of the cliff is the only way i can describe it....here u get caught alot less and we have always done better here than people who tramps all the way down to the end...e.g. 3 weeks ago 2 lads fished down there for 8 hours and had two coalie's when they meet up with us we had 5 colaie's, 1 conger, 2 codling and 5 big three bearded rockling within the first hour and a half....give it a go...mussell works here also...you can also stay here, pitch your tent and stay through out the tide.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:38 pm

The name of the hotel is the "La Touche Hotel". You'll notice flowers and candles at the bottom of the steps when you go down. A yound girl was found dead couple of weeks ago after coming out of the hotel night club. Don't know if she slipped but she had head injuries and her mobile fone was missing apparently ! Anyway, I fish there a good bit cuz its only down the road from me. The ground is clean straight out but you'll get snagged for sure if you cast into the bay unless you float fish it.