Greystones 23 October

Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:37 pm

Here it is,,,,,, late but here!

Being the first time that we have fished this mark, it was nice to have a quick look round the village and seeing anglers "one even got a flatty as we watched" on what we were told was the South beach, the sandy end of it, it was time to break out the gear and go for it.

Bait
Fresh Lug, peeler crab, squid, sandeel and mackerel was the choice that we had with us.

Using two rods each, I had one set-up with a long range pennal and the other with a two hook flapper set on a avis boom with 1/0 hooks, Bobby ran with the same "I think?"

By 5:30 hunger had taken over, tis time for the nosebag and only flounder to show I decided to return to the motor and bring down the beach buddies, black clouds are on the way, I noticed that bobby is returning a fish which turns out to be a LSD.

On the edge of dark a change over to peeler crab tipped with squid and finding that Bobby has now landed 5 fish to my (3) flouder, whiting and LSD, I decide to stop hitting the edge of space and just aim for the 3rd breaker which did help, a cod followed by a coilie.

As the tide was now running at full speed,5oz wire gripes was all that held bottom, any thing less and the end gear was on the beach with a load of weed.

When Bobby was standing taking to me, my rod give one good thump, I griped it and held the pressure then walking to the beach and reeling in all I could feel was a dead lump, this dead lump turned out to be my first bass, just under the keeping size and less than 1lb back it went, the bait it went for was lug / sand eel tipped with squid.

Next fish, and getting close to slack water, I watched the rod tip for what felt like hours, and I kept saying that's one hell of a crab I am feeding, then as the rod give a better bend once again I lifted it out of the rest and maintained the pressure to find a fish of about 3lb this time a mullet, once again a first for me.

When the tide turned, on came the crabs and they were hungry, at one point I was re baiting every 5 min's I finished off with a dab. 8 fish for me and not two the sameā€¦...
Booby had 10 fish for his night and he caught the Pollock, that makes 9 different species for us.

We will return

Dave 8)

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:54 am

Well done!

Thats what I call a nice session.