fenit pier saturday 9 sept.

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:40 pm

fished 9pm to 3am.high tide 2.45am.dead calm conditions.
Went initially to catch conger but it turned into a spieces fest.
Caught 2 strap conger in the harbour 6lb and 8lb.Very slow so moved to pier at 10.30.caught 3 dab,2 doggies,1 huss,12 scad,loads of pout,2 poor cod,1 thornback and 1 whiting.hectic.When i caugh the first scad i changed from my beachcaster to a spinning rod and they were great fun on the light tackle.All fish were caught with mackeral.Fenit can sometimes be dissappointing during the day but it sure makes up for it at night.

Fenit

Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:24 pm

Hi Col
Looks like a good time was had
We will be down this weekend, maybe not so late in the evening. How did you get the scad? Where from the pier did you fish?
Sorry if Im asking too many questions, but its a hundred mile drive for me, and I hate blanking
Still trying to nobble a big conger
BigKev

Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:40 pm

Excellent Fishing Col. Any pics?

Kev

Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:04 pm

bigkev,
the scad were caught on a 2 hook flapper with a 2 ounce weight to touch the bottom about 15 feet out from the pier.size 1/0 hooks with just a sliver of mackeral.any bigger hooks or bait and they will annoy the hell out of you by plucking away viciuosly without hooking up.All 1lb to 1 1/2lb.The conger were caught in the deep channel opposite the huts at the end of the harbour.the best place to fish the pier is about 2/3 of the way up.there is an empty lifebouy holder on the left and you want to fish about 10 feet up from this as there is an underwater channel on the right facing out to sea.
mac,sorry no photos,but i will bring the digital camera next time.The only problem being that i would not have a clue about how to post them.I dont have a clue about these damn computers.It has taken me about 20 minutes to type this. :) (i'm not joking)

Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:11 pm

Good catch there col, u got me wondering about this shore fishing now! i thought fishing for sea-trout on the river was a late night job, 3am :shock: , can help you out with the pics sometime if you want.

Sean,

Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:43 am

Col,

If you ever want to post any pics just e-mail them to me and I'll look after it for ye. If you want to give it a bash yourself I can show you how as well. It's actually very easy.

Kev

Fenit

Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:38 pm

Cheers BigCol
We will be down saturday on a bit of a marathon fish in. We'll be fishing from 10 -10. Starting for mullet, trying the elusive big conger again, and switching to bottom fishing into dark.
Hopefully, we'll emulate your last species count and put an extra one on the bank. Havent caught a mullet this year
Cheers
Bigkev