Fahan Lough Swilly at the Marina

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:52 pm

Wednesday 29th six of us fished at the Marina in Fahan. Buncrana side Last of outgoing
tide 3 dogs 1 flounder. when the tide turned not even a bite.

Changed to the Derry side of the pier 3 hours none of us got a bite.
could be called a disaster.
dingbat :( :evil:

Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:59 am

Found that it only fished for hour either side of low water myself ,seemed to get more fish about one hundred yards before corner in beach on the buncrana side of marina ,if you look at admiralty charts of area seems to be a couple of deep holes in channel ,fish seem to lie in these .

Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:07 am

Thanks R.Surgenor I will keep that in mind

Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:28 am

R.Surgenor wrote:Found that it only fished for hour either side of low water myself ,seemed to get more fish about one hundred yards before corner in beach on the buncrana side of marina ,if you look at admiralty charts of area seems to be a couple of deep holes in channel ,fish seem to lie in these .

Spot on assessment.

Only fished the place once before (even though I'm less than a half hour drive away...) and found that the only place to fish is a few hundred yards up towards Buncrana from the marina. Loads of lsd's and thornies on mackerel and sandeel. Has to be fished at low water.

Baits have to be cast out a good distance, into the channel that the boats from the marina use. This can be a bit tricky to fish during the summer with jetski's and what not! :evil:

Don't really know how it fishes during the winter... would imagine it's a half decent flounder mark.

Fahan Lough Swilly

Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:19 pm

Thanks Irish Shamrock I will keep that in mind
Dingbat