Torr head co.antrim 27/08/04

Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:39 pm

fished torr head on fri afternoon/evening loads wrasse about up to pound half ,pollack as well none big up to two pound .
Highlight of the day was trying to hook a sun fish about 40lb that swam in front of us 30 feet of the rocks ,put our wrasse gear in front of it a couple of times ,managed to hook it then realised they are actually pretty powerful swimmers ,it took about forty yards of line before throwing the hook .in all the excitment forgot to get photos of it ,i've only ever seen them in baltimore co.cork when out fishing the offshore wrecks ,never seen or heard of one this far north before .

help from the north

Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:04 pm

Been of the shore for 10yrs now.
Looking advice on were to fish up north use to fish Glenarm and Waterfoot and do well. Are these marks still used and any new or good fishing marks please.

Also been at the fly since the beach and some one told me to fish a rock mark near bangor with my fly rod. Does anywere fish there 10yrs ago it was a challenge but been told on the up. Went to look other day and meet 2 fly anglers with a pollock each 2 pound mark but forgot name of mark?? do you know, Got the bug again from looking at this site about to buy new beachcasters and get the bait out please tell me fishing have got better up north and getting kit worth it.