info beach/rock fishing beara peninsula

Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:09 pm

:) My mate and I are taking a weeks fishing holiday in sept and would like any info on the sea fishing around the beara,any good marks etc,we are staying in the tousist area.

Kind regards jonny pye :)

Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:55 pm

Jonny

Beara is an awful big place. Where exactly as your staying?
Did you check the list of marks on the shore marks section of this site?

RSVP

Re: info beach/rock fishing beara peninsula

Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:06 am

pyefish wrote::) My mate and I are taking a weeks fishing holiday in sept and would like any info on the sea fishing around the beara,any good marks etc,we are staying in the tousist area.

Kind regards jonny pye :)

Fished off Sheepshead yesterday , about 10 miles from Bantry's Westlodge Hotel , on the Bantry Bay side (300 yards approx Gortnakilla Pier). Just went exploring really , beautiful country down there . Well I found a superb Spinning Mark . Real deep water right up close . Loads of Mackerel and decent Pollack . Tried for Conger but lost too much rigs on bad ground . I'd say beara would be just as good . Definitely going back there . You'll have decent fishing thats for sure .

Dursey Island

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:03 pm

Fished Dursey Sound from both sides in June (3 days), loads of Pollock to 3-4lbs, makerel on feathers/lures whenever any movement in the tide. Big Wrasse on Island side taken on Rag worm and also Conger on Makerel head/guts. Island side definitely appears best and the most spectacular journey to any mark in the country, suspended 50ft above sea in moving garden shed (cable car) simply has to be done - enjoy