dun laoighaire west pier fishing

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:30 pm

does any1 know if you need a certain kind of rod to fish off the slope on the back of the west pier at the end of the pier ! any answers will be much appreciated :D

Re: dun laoighaire west pier fishing

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

Fishing rods work well :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:57 pm

no i mean like a beach caster or pier fishing rod :evil:

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:31 pm

ss king fisher orca wrote:no i mean like a beach caster or pier fishing rod :evil:

pier rods are for catching anglers not fish , and the same goes for bass rods , a beach caster will do both jobs

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:13 pm

:shock: body builders are spinning for bass!! : :roll:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:45 pm

beach caster will do the job

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 pm

ss king fisher orca wrote: any answers will be much appreciated :D

Al wrote:Fishing rods work well :mrgreen:

ss king fisher orca wrote:no i mean like a beach caster or pier fishing rod :evil:

I don't think my answer was appreciated :oops:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 am

it depends what your fishing for and what method you are using. if your spinning or float fishing then a light rod would suit best like a spinning rod, carp rod or salmon rod.

if your bait fishing or using feathers then you will need a beach caster. i wouldnt bother with the pier rods as a previous post said they are there to catch anglers more then fish.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Are floats useful of the west pier or would i be better staying on the east ? Have fished 12 hours there over the past week and havent had a bite !

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:32 pm

MackerelMaster wrote:Are floats useful of the west pier or would i be better staying on the east ? Have fished 12 hours there over the past week and havent had a bite !

And your username is MackerelMaster :o :roll: :lol: