Golf trolley.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:10 pm

For anyone that has any distance to walk over reasonable ground this could save those shoulders a bit. I bought one of those rod holdalls from Lidl when they had their tackle sale on recently, only problem is trying to carry that, rucksack and bait bucket etc, strapped it onto a golf trolley and it works a treat leaving shoulders free for ruck sack etc.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:26 pm

did the rods fit in the bag alright. i wonder what esle u could strap to it Rod rests, lanterns etc.

if u were fishing up near portmarnock G.C. people would either think you had lost ur ball, or u were out praticing ur bunker shots. :D

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:01 pm

Rods arent fully covered in bag but for about 12 quid, i wasnt going to worry about that. I usually carry 2 beachcasters, a spinning rod, waterproofs, a chair and tripod in this bag and it fits the trolley perfectly.

Using the trolley works fine, problem as ever is finding a caddy to pull it.....!

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:26 pm

Just seen this on Lidl site.....not sure if it would be any good for caryying fishing gear though.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c ... .p.Lounger

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:23 pm

i wouldn't care as long as she came with it :twisted:

Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:31 pm

Yup, Outstanding in her field!

trolly

Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:03 pm

be ok to have a kip on while blankin though........ :lol:

trolly

Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:13 pm

i see supa-value have a battery golf trolly on offer, this fishing larks getting too easy...... :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:35 am

Rods arent fully covered in bag but for about 12 quid, i wasnt going to worry about that. I usually carry 2 beachcasters, a spinning rod, waterproofs, a chair and tripod in this bag and it fits the trolley perfectly.

I noticed the other day that the local Lidl still have some of those rod holdalls, they are now selling them off for €6.99, they ware excellent value at €12 :wink: