Ambassadeur 5000 and Ambassadeur 30

Forum to discuss the use of cameras and photographic techniques when you record your catch.

Moderators: JimC, MAC

Ambassadeur 5000 and Ambassadeur 30

Postby g agus t » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:59 am

Vintage abu reels which I am lucky to have.
shiver me timbers
g agus t
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: Ambassadeur 5000 and Ambassadeur 30

Postby Stan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:00 pm

Love the Ambassaduer 30. I have a few Cardinal 66 reels going back to the mid-late 60's and a 501 from the early 70's. The reels were used for bass/seatrout fishing very summer for years. It is a great tribute to ABU that they are still working perfectly. My first ABU multiplier was a 6000 bought in 1960 something and I had it for 22 years. I have an Ambassadeur 12 somewhere in the house which hauled in spur dogs ( 3 at a time) and tope when theses fish were plentiful.

Actually, I have to confess that I have a problem. I cannot part with any fishing tackle and think that I need therapy. Every rod, reel amd lure has a history and brings back happy memories. I even get a one of our club members to service all the reels every year.

If ever you are selling the Ambassadeur 30 just let me know and if it is going at a reasonable price I might be interested.
Stan
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 277 times

Re: Ambassadeur 5000 and Ambassadeur 30

Postby g agus t » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Stan wrote:Love the Ambassaduer 30. I have a few Cardinal 66 reels going back to the mid-late 60's and a 501 from the early 70's. The reels were used for bass/seatrout fishing very summer for years. It is a great tribute to ABU that they are still working perfectly. My first ABU multiplier was a 6000 bought in 1960 something and I had it for 22 years. I have an Ambassadeur 12 somewhere in the house which hauled in spur dogs ( 3 at a time) and tope when theses fish were plentiful.

Actually, I have to confess that I have a problem. I cannot part with any fishing tackle and think that I need therapy. Every rod, reel amd lure has a history and brings back happy memories. I even get a one of our club members to service all the reels every year.

If ever you are selling the Ambassadeur 30 just let me know and if it is going at a reasonable price I might be interested.

Hi Stan, thanks for the reply, no im not going to part with the Ambassadeur 30 ! I have two....one i use for fising and the other one is in such great condition i would not use it...thats it in the photo. I used the other one yesterday shark fishing and i love the feel of the line running off the reel when the shark heads for the bottom ! I have a couple of Ambassadeur 12's too. My first reel was a 7000 which i bought in the mid 70s and its still in use today.

Next week i hope to have an Ambassadeur 20 arriving in the post....cant wait to use that !
shiver me timbers
g agus t
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 2 times

Return to Cameras and Photography