The best FREE online photo hosting sites?!

Forum to discuss the use of cameras and photographic techniques when you record your catch.

Moderators: JimC, MAC

The best FREE online photo hosting sites?!

Postby shamoo0804 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 am

Hi all,

Having started to take more and more photos lately, I was wondering which is the best website for free online hosting of my photo's.

I have set up accounts with both photobucket.com and flickr.com, but from what I have experienced thus far, both have a number of flaws.

Which sites do you recommend, and why?

Thanks for the help

PS: I have included a link at the bottom of my SAI profile to my flickr account (so people can browse my pic's), however, I have noticed that if I do not log out of my flickr account when using it, it can be accessed from the link in my SAI profile(giving people the opportunity to edit my account etc) :? I presume I have just set it up wrong, I dont know, again any help would be great.

As you have probably noticed, I'm not too good with this techy stuff :oops:
shamoo0804
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 42 times

Re: The best FREE online photo hosting sites?!

Postby stevecrow74 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:27 pm

shamoo0804 wrote:Hi all,

Having started to take more and more photos lately, I was wondering which is the best website for free online hosting of my photo's.

I have set up accounts with both photobucket.com and flickr.com, but from what I have experienced thus far, both have a number of flaws.

Which sites do you recommend, and why?

Thanks for the help

PS: I have included a link at the bottom of my SAI profile to my flickr account (so people can browse my pic's), however, I have noticed that if I do not log out of my flickr account when using it, it can be accessed from the link in my SAI profile(giving people the opportunity to edit my account etc) :? I presume I have just set it up wrong, I dont know, again any help would be great.

As you have probably noticed, I'm not too good with this techy stuff :oops:

only you will be able to edit your photo's in flickr.. the cookies on your computer stoore the login information so that anytime you go into your gallery you will appear logged in..

I myself use imageshack.us, its basic but no limit to the amount of pics you can store and easily link photo's to forums or websites :idea:
[url=http://galwaybuccaneerssac.com/]Galway Buccaneers SAC[/url]
[i][color=red]St Juniper once said; 'By his loins shall ye know him, and by the length of his rod shall he be measured.'[/i]
stevecrow74
Scomber Doorman

Have thanks: 58 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby countryjimbo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:57 pm

I use flickr and find it meets my needs. Steve is right, only you can access your flickr account in edit mode.

There's also an Irish site which has been getting good reviews, [url=http://pix.ie]Pix.ie[/url].
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing rods.
countryjimbo
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby shamoo0804 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Steve is right, only you can access your flickr account in edit mode.

Thanks for the help guy's, as you have seen my technical knowledge of such things is very poor, I've only been able to copy and paste for 6 months now :oops:

I was hoping to find a site that allowed you to make many different folders/sets, as such.

This would allow me to individually name each fishing session etc, for ease of finding certain pic's.

I'm sure flickr will do for now, until I have more time to check the other sites.

Thanks again guys

Mark
shamoo0804
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 42 times

Re: The best FREE online photo hosting sites?!

Postby Seancelt » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 am

I have an account at Webshots that allows me to have a lot of albums, I must admit I haven't made much use of it lately but I find it handy. I also like the wallpaper/screensaver program that you get.
http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html?vhost=www

Derek
All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!
Seancelt
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Cameras and Photography