sure catch power braid rod?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:14 pm

any thoughts on these? 9ft long? 10 to 30gram?

Re: sure catch power braid rod?

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:30 pm

I've used the 7' and 8' cracking rods.
Search for "surecatch" and "Salty" you will see a good few lads with them.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Jim I know you do most of your fishing from the boat- have you used the 8 ft from shore much- what's it like to cast?

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:23 am

Even from the boat I do a huge amount of casting. I have never found a 7 or 8 foot to be any lesser at casting. I think the shorter rod allows for more "feeling" if you get my drift! I couldn't see myself with anything bigger than 8'. The Surecatch teamed with a decent reel and 0.13mm braid (20lb) is a beaut.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:52 pm

I went looking for one last year and failed. Dont seem to be any online and Dennetts said they werent getting in any more.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:36 pm

I suppose they meant they were not getting any in for the rest of 2014. They would only get one main delivery from Surecatch.
I'm sure they will have stock for 2015. I will ask the question though!
The last place I saw one was in Cork Angling.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:56 pm

I was speaking with the lads in Dennetts. They tell me they currently have stock of 6'6'' 8' & 9' Powerbraid rods. They are having problems in getting the 7' at the moment.
If your tackle shop does not have stock then they should be able to order these rods for you provided they have an account with Dennetts.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:55 pm

jim what weight is the 7 foot rod thanks im mad for as light as possible as in grams tks again

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Apologies Guts, I missed your question somehow!!

The 7' is rated 7-25. It would be a light rod without being a toy.

In general I think you can take ratings with a grain of salt and really need to "feel it yourself" you'd see some 7-30's that are like pokers and others like bananas :)

You can see the rod in action here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=urAXg9Z2I4g

Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:50 am

From advice i got here, I bought both the 7 and 8ft saltys. Cracking rods for the money. TH sports in Midleton have the 8ft version in the shop as we speak ! Both rods cast really well and can handle lures up to their weight rating no problem. Good luck with the new toy whichever you choose :)