LRF????

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Just wondering is anyone into it on the site?? I never really see any reports for LRF and I wasn't sure if anyone had an interest!
I love it and its great, easy fishing. I have caught many new species for my list and also add a 3 pound pollack and my personal best ballan wrasse of 4 pounds 5 oz on an LRF rod!!! I recommend it to anyone to try out and you will be surprised at how fun it is!

Re: LRF????

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Tis great craic!..I just don't get out often enough to do it!..

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:33 pm

Ya I do a bit of lrf. Great fun and worth trying.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 am

I do a bit of it with my 5yo. Great craic.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:49 am

I have two medium sea rods on my boat but also a VERY light telescopic spinning rod with 10lb mono. I use it with rubber lures and have so far landed a 3lb cod, a few small Pollock and one 8lb Pollock. It is far more fun than simply hauling fish aboard with a big sea rod. By the way, the rod cost me €8....including the reel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Yep, LRF is cheap thrills. I feel like a little kid again when I'm LRFing.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 am

I do lots of lrf great scraps :)

Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 am

Rob Millard wrote:Yep, LRF is cheap thrills. I feel like a little kid again when I'm LRFing.

Some set ups can cost £500. Not sure how anyone can justify that on a rod and reel that is going to be used for 6 inch fish but each to their own.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:36 pm

red wrote:
Rob Millard wrote:Yep, LRF is cheap thrills. I feel like a little kid again when I'm LRFing.

Some set ups can cost £500. Not sure how anyone can justify that on a rod and reel that is going to be used for 6 inch fish but each to their own.

Agree on the 500 quid bit but worth investing in good kit IMO. I use mine 12 months a year. Saltwater fishing during the summer and autumn, brown trout in spring and rainbow trout, perch and even roach during the winter

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:23 am

What lures work best? Light Metal spinners or sort plastics??

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:59 am

I use little tine soft plastics. Like just the tail on a small hook sometimes a scrap of Mackeral for a scent.
Great craic on light gear

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm

jono,b wrote:What lures work best? Light Metal spinners or sort plastics??

Really depends in what you are looking for but the soft plastics will get nearly everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Metals are ideal for mackerel , codling and pollock , and are a great way to find fish and soft plastics such as isome gulp and ecogear catch pretty much everything that swims

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Would you use lead head hooks??

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Would you use lead head hooks??

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Just straight metal hooks.
Small bit of mack and a float maybe 2 or 3 little 2 gramm wrights along the line