Swivel with Lure?

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi Everyone just a quick question should i be using any type of swivel with these lures? Or should i just tie them straight to the fishing line?

They are Tsumnai Cut Throat Tazers. I plan on going to Kells in the morning with 2 rods, One with bait and 1 with these.

Re: Swivel with Lure?

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Here is another pic they are the 1st pack Image

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:17 pm

These are the lads I'd use
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm

If you have braid on the reel i would use one like the pic below, you dont need the swivel part when fishing braid. I you are using mono the the one paul pointed out above is the way to go. Good luck tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bassy Tom on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I have mono line, but only have these swivels and wont be able to get any other type by the morning should i still use them or just the fishing line?
Thank You

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:11 pm

it wont make a blind bit of difference if there is a swivel attached or not
i use a small clip swivel as is just makes it so much easier to change lures! the fish wont mind one bit if they are there or not
yes, use the ones above. try and get away with the smallest one you reckon will be strong enough, it wont matter too much

those tazer things look practically identical to the Sidewinder Sandeels - deadly soft plastic
lets just hope theres a few feeding fish about for you... t.lines

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:49 pm

the smaller the better :D

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am

paul skelly wrote:These are the lads I'd use

Daiwa? Excellent swivel.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 pm

I wouldnt use a swivel at all unless you plan to change the lure often. You could argue a swivel or lure clip will give the lure more freedom to move about but personally i prefer as little as possible between the lure and the line.