Bass Season Reopen

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi Lads,

I just wanted to clarify a point. Does the Bass season reopen on the 15th of June or do you have to wait till the 16th?
Not that ill be fishing at that time but wasnt sure if you could target them on the 15th.

Thanks Lads.

Tom.

Re: Bass Season Reopen

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:52 pm

15th. to the 15th. including both days.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:43 pm

donal domeney wrote:15th. to the 15th. including both days.
so you have to wait till the 16th

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:45 pm

It seems not all anglers obey the law when it comes to the ban, my mate was in Courtown over the weekend and came across a few bait anglers with an array of fish. One in particular had 4 dead bass around the 3 to 4lb mark beside him, breaking the law on 2 counts, he is a quiet guy so never said anything to the angler, but I doubt he would have been bothered even if he did say something to him. :evil:

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Mozza wrote:It seems not all anglers obey the law when it comes to the ban, my mate was in Courtown over the weekend and came across a few bait anglers with an array of fish. One in particular had 4 dead Bass around the 3 to 4lb mark beside him, breaking the law on 2 counts, he is a quiet guy so never said anything to the angler, but I doubt he would have been bothered even if he did say something to him. :evil:

Sickening

Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Mozza wrote:It seems not all anglers obey the law when it comes to the ban, my mate was in Courtown over the weekend and came across a few bait anglers with an array of fish. One in particular had 4 dead Bass around the 3 to 4lb mark beside him, breaking the law on 2 counts, he is a quiet guy so never said anything to the angler, but I doubt he would have been bothered even if he did say something to him. :evil:

i dont agree with that at all but you will always have someone breaking the rules with anything, we had a few bass last night on a wexford beach and all were returned safe and sound

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:55 pm

It really annoyed me when he rang me to tell me, cause not only was the angler Irish, he was mid forties and he was fishing with a pretty expensive set up. So I can only gather he wasn't a novice angler, just an IGNORANT I don't give a FUxK angler. Lets hope there ain't to many of them around.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:24 am

It's an age old complaint don't let it upset you, it's gonna happen regardless and not worthy of debate anymore, they won't change.

Idiots on the phone driving is a more legitimate concern for me, they can kill people :D

Just for a comparison like.