night fishing

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:27 pm

what am i doin wrong after been out about 10 times in the night with lures and s p,s different tides and times and have not hooked up once ,at least 4 of those nights you could actualy see water boiling and fish being attacked a couple of feet away reeling slow, fast and still nothing help me please whats goin on agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Re: night fishing

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:31 pm

And don't forget the crazy surf from nowhere man.
I will hit something on that k2 though.
We won't be giving up also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 pm

its modern day torture

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 pm

I only started lure fishing at night last year.slow everything down and then slow it down some more it seem to work for me.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:04 am

http://www.worldseafishing.com/lure-fis ... s-angling/

I could give you my 5 cent but this article above says it all really. Probably the best one I have read on the subject.
What I will say is for me you cant beat a white feed shallow.
Having said that colour is not as important from what I have learned and been told, but a lure that moves in a manner
that displaces water either at the surface or in front of it. I would definitly choose a lure that has ball bearings in it too.
So the feed shallow for me ticks all the boxes. We keep catching on the white so we dont see a reason to change..!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Good read mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Colour not that important at night , it's more to do with backlight from above and attraction to sound and vibration, the fish have to find the lure, no point in zipping past them at 100mph!!! , cast and do nothing :shock: , it's hard not to retrieve but believe me don't, wait thirty seconds a minute maybe more then slowly, very slowly retrieve. :wink:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 am

Eoghan,
were those bass caught from a beach ?

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:39 pm

ATF wrote:Eoghan,
were those Bass caught from a beach ?

Yep..!
Pick a beach you know is stuffed with sandeels by day. Wait til dark, propper dark. Dont fish from dusk til dark. Allow the sandeels to congregate like they would and dont spook them. We found when we fished from dusk til dark that we spooked the area and there werent as many sandeels/bass about. When we allowed it to get dark, and then crept down and cast it was a different story.
Cast, hold on for dear life..!! :-)
Thats how we fish this mark anyway. Every mark is different but we have this one sussed.
We have had up to 9Ib off this mark at night.

I have attached a pic of the lure the next day after a night hammering bass. One treb has one hook, one has 2 and the end one is bent out of shape. More down to poor hooks on the lure than anything but my mate lost a clonker that night and we know now why..!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 pm

.... and no lights of course, unless they're red. I've had a couple of good night sessions cut short by others arriving with searchlights on their heads.

On the damaged trebles: I find a lot of lures come fitted with cheap crap, and if you're changing them, try going over to quality singles. This has had a good write-up on here already:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=42455&hilit=treble+hooks

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah moved to singles years ago on most lures. This was my mates feed Shallow. Hook up rate with singles for me is as good if not better. Cast further too, esp on a kilty. (See below)

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Nice one! :D

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 pm

nice 1 decent info there

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:14 am

Its something i will be doing a lot of this season too, interesting experience of the singles as well lads, thanks for the info lads.