Congratulations Jim

Fishing with Plugs, Spinners and other Artificials

Moderators: teacher, MAC

Congratulations Jim

Postby Bassy Tom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:11 am

I just wanted to congratulate Jim Hendrick on his most recent success. The prestigious french angling magazine "Voyages De Peche" has included an amazing 11 page spread in its most recent publication, dedicated to the Bass fishing on Waterford's Copper Coast, guided by none other than Wexford's own Jim Hendrick (we gave him a Waterford passport for the week).

For anyone interested here is a link to the article. Page 66 to 74.

http://www.journaux.fr/partners/feuille ... number=101

Even if your French is not up to scratch there are some class pictures.

Keep up the good work Jim!

For this message the author Bassy Tom has received thanks:
cortaz (Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 pm)
Bassy Tom
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 166 times

Re: Congratulations Jim

Postby JimC » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:32 am

Looks Great!

:) :) Ye might have given him a Waterford passport....but it looks like he strayed further east than that :) :)

It is a shame though that the fishing has not been playing ball. I don't think we will be inundated with tourist anglers and those that have been arriving seem to he heading home nonplussed...
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby Bassy Tom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 am

Given his record for catching bass im surprised you let him cross the Youghal bridge Jim! Still, at least he puts them back i suppose lol.

As for the tourist anglers i can only hope that we have a good few return visitors next year, but i guess we will just have to wait and see.
Bassy Tom
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Eoghan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:26 pm

I guess ye gotta do what ye gotta do to get a client on the fish, thats just what ye want in a guide.
Top 3 lure caught bass 2017 :
10Ib 5 oz
9Ib 2oz
8Ib 11oz
Eoghan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 254 times

Postby JimH » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Do you know what Tom? Thanks a million it means a hell of lot to me, a small thing but also very important.

Regarding official documentation I had a 36 hr pass from John o Brien for Waterford, I took a chance on crossing into the peoples republic based on the fact that I am married to a cork woman! Border control in both instances were very friendly silk stockings, whiskey and cigarettes still the default currency.

On a more serious note there's no doubt that as a bass fishing guide I am genuine in portraying the current difficulties to customers. A guy spends three years saving to come to Ireland to bass fish with a guide having read Sea Angler is very much a different client than a self employed company owner, both might share similar aspects but largely both are very different. Decisions need to be made carefully.

Nonplussed is true Jim ,perceived expectations, currently, are way beyond what the fishery can/ could offer. I try to supply a wow wow wow wow BOOM week where boom is a moment of truth. I never do everything I can to provide fish for a client but I do everything I can to provide him or her with a valuable experience when fish are absent or difficult.

Largely absent from media is the portrayal of the real job the real situation on the ground as a bass fishing guide and the positive aspects of when it's done properly.
JimH
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 528 times

Postby Bassy Tom » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Quote " I took a chance on crossing into the peoples republic based on the fact that I am married to a cork woman! Border control in both instances were very friendly silk stockings, whiskey and cigarettes still the default currency."

Ah i see an inside job eh Jim. You are welcome, all the praise and congratulations you get are fully deserved. You are a true gent, professional and a credit to Irish angling.
P.S. let me know when you are headed back Waterford way, so i can round up the possie and run you out of town.
Bassy Tom
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Lure Fishing