HRF for wrasse

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:46 pm

this its the thing to read for any one that would like to give wrasse a go on lures.
http://issuu.com/jerseybassguides/docs/ ... ipBtn=true
Last edited by Tom H on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: HRF for wrasse

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:16 pm

when ur going wrasse fishing i dont think u shouldn't use lures as only the odd wrasse is caught on lures. If u wanna have a succesful fishing session then u should try float fishing or bottom fishing with a 1 hook trace baited with ragworm or for the bigger ones small hardback crabs. Trust me u will catch much more, anyways good look. :wink:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Thanks for posting this. Very good find and a great read. I'm already thinking of marks where this would be worth a go. And as for the above post. It's a completely different type of fishing and seems like there's alot more of a challenge to hrf as apposed to float fishing, i know float fishing works but this seems like alot of fun. I'm definitely going to give it a go. I better hide my laser card or else learn to pour my own soft plastics as i can see my bank account being on the losing end of this type of fishing. :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:40 pm

The Jersey lads are very forward thinking in their approach, a vat of information on there.

The methods discussed in the link are very successful around our coastline.

It is great craic on a light set up.

Danny.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Iv'e had Ballan Wrasse to over 5 lb on spinners great craic 8) but the Limpet, Crab or Lug is hard bet on a single hook set up for the bigger ones!!!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 pm

Interesting stuff. That 'skishing' technique looks mad craic!! I'd imagine a big wrasse hitting a lure would be a good buzz.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:55 am

A lot more stuff here. http://www.jerseybassguides.com/bassfis ... hp?paged=3

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Definitely well worth checking out both the on-line magazine and the blog, they're full of fantastic and forward thinking info.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 pm

yeah it is a brilliant read :D I think i might try it this summer :idea: