north clare, 03 oct 10

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:32 pm

headed out to one of my regular spots - more to get out of the house than anything

and seeing as the summer is all but gone it could be one of the last bass hunts for the year on the lure

was still not bothered even 30mins beforehand but with a break in the weather and the sun starting to shine i went for it

got to the mark with plenty of waves breaking off the main channel and some slack water close to edge in places i was happy enough with the water movement

the wind was more WNW than the SW i was hoping for but it didnt ruin the cast

started out with a shallow enough lure bringing it across the waves but there was nothing riding them - moved up and down the channel edge for an hour with no joy - threw on a shad that i never caught a bass on before but thought why not

at least is was going deeper - the water at the edge was full of sediment and spotted with small fragments of weed

had brought in a good bit on the first lure - but with the depth it was good on the shad - the hook on the upperside helped greatly with the weed in front

anyways after 10mins i saw a flash of silver on the way up with lure - then convinced myself for the next 15mins that it was my mind playing tricks with me - the shad making a splash on the way out being sliver/grey and all was the obvious conclusion

stayed in the area and didnt move and then i got duly rewarded

hit it about 20 meters out - took a bit of line twice - only a couple of mins of a fight but well worth it - seemed to give up the ghost as it was hard to swim with the bolders and weed in front

up onto the waters edge and i was a happy man - season finished on a high :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: north clare, 03 oct 10

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Well done Brian nice fish 8)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Nice bass there, the shads work well in cloudy or coloured water I find. 8)

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 pm

thanks lads

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:07 pm

nice bass :D

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:03 pm

mmmmmm! :D great stuff corbie ;)

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:37 pm

all mine go back daminim 8)

cheers

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Me too coby - I was referring to the mmm you feel when bass fishing ;) well done

Conor

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:20 pm

:lol: thats a new way to describe bass fishing!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:57 pm

as henry gilbey once said about bass fishing - "This stuff just has to give you the horns!"