shallow lures

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:32 pm

hello,

I am wondering if people could suggest a lure that would be suitable for fishing in shallow water, I am talking about a max depth of 2m.

Any suggestions on sub surface lures? I dont really like the surface popper option TBH

Thanks

Re: shallow lures

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Feed Shallow, Node, IMA Komomo II, all spring to mnd :D

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Great shallow lure cheap and really effective go into ebay search for minnow crankbait sj 125 and get colours 10 and 12 these go a foot or so under the water have used them and consistently caught this year cheap as chips

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:53 pm

The Storm Jointed Thunderstick I think is a brilliant sub-surface lure. If you can get your hands on one then do, they are good. They dive to and cover a variety of different depths ideal for most if not all of the lure fishing we do in this country. Bass in particular just go mad for them which is what I use mine for. It rattles and has a great movement/action when you are working it through the water and that's why it is known as a great lure, because bass can't resist them. I have one of the original jointed thundersticks and I have caught bass when using it and so have friends of mine who use them as well to target them. It would be well worth your while trying to get you hands on one, they are a great lure in my opinion.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:13 pm

KERRY1 wrote:The Storm Jointed Thunderstick I think is a brilliant sub-surface lure. If you can get your hands on one then do, they are good. They dive to and cover a variety of different depths ideal for most if not all of the lure fishing we do in this country. Bass in particular just go mad for them which is what I use mine for. It rattles and has a great movement/action when you are working it through the water and that's why it is known as a great lure, because Bass can't resist them. I have one of the original jointed thundersticks and I have caught Bass when using it and so have friends of mine who use them as well to target them. It would be well worth your while trying to get you hands on one, they are a great lure in my opinion.

What colour do you recommend? they have them on sale in Henry's for 12€. I'm going to the states in a few weeks they are $4.99 :wink:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:47 pm

nicefish wrote:
KERRY1 wrote:The Storm Jointed Thunderstick I think is a brilliant sub-surface lure. If you can get your hands on one then do, they are good. They dive to and cover a variety of different depths ideal for most if not all of the lure fishing we do in this country. Bass in particular just go mad for them which is what I use mine for. It rattles and has a great movement/action when you are working it through the water and that's why it is known as a great lure, because Bass can't resist them. I have one of the original jointed thundersticks and I have caught Bass when using it and so have friends of mine who use them as well to target them. It would be well worth your while trying to get you hands on one, they are a great lure in my opinion.

What colour do you recommend? they have them on sale in Henry's for 12€. I'm going to the states in a few weeks they are $4.99 :wink:

Hi Nicefish,

The colour of the one that I have is - Blue & Chrome however they are available to buy in other colours. As far as I know there is one that you can buy in the colour - Firetiger, with bright yellow orange colours on it, I hear that it equally is brilliant for catching bass. If you can get your hands on any when you are out in the states or from Henry's tackle then do, they are a great lure. Have a safe trip and make sure you leave plenty of room in your suitcase for putting all of those lures in that you are going to buy.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:50 am

KERRY1 wrote:
nicefish wrote:

Hi Nicefish,

The colour of the one that I have is - Blue & Chrome however they are available to buy in other colours. As far as I know there is one that you can buy in the colour - Firetiger, with bright yellow orange colours on it, I hear that it equally is brilliant for catching Bass. If you can get your hands on any when you are out in the states or from Henry's tackle then do, they are a great lure. Have a safe trip and make sure you leave plenty of room in your suitcase for putting all of those lures in that you are going to buy.

Will do thanks. :wink:

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Regarding the Storm Jointed Thunderstick Monster Tackle also have a decent selection at an okay price if you can't get the colour you are after elsewhere.

http://www.monstertackle.co.uk/fishingl ... k-JBJ.html