Sakura OR Grauvell

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Im kind of stuck. Im mad to get into lure fishing, but im in two minds about which rod to get.

Sakura Rookie or the Grauvell teklon concept?

Can anyone advise me on there expeirence with either rod?

Thanks.

Re: Sakura OR Grauvell

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:12 pm

To tell you the truth I don't think you'll go far wrong with either rods, they are both great rods for the money. I use the 8' 6" Rookie myself and have it paired up with a Shimano Saragosa 4000 and I can't fault it.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:37 pm

I have the Rookie also and cant fault it, have it paired with a shimano technium 4000 and find it a great combo. I have heard good things about the Grauvell so would think its much of a muchness, down to personal preference.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:56 am

Hi

both rods are very nice but i would defo go for the Teklon 802. a friend of mine has one, i fished with it over the weekend in rough conditions and it was superb.

Another friend of mine has broken 2 sakura in the cast in different places but both close to the spiggot(dealer replaced first one in fairness). His is the shukan which are known to be a bit dodgy.

I havent heard that the rookie is giving any problems but i really liked the teklon and seen my friend land a fine fish in a big sea on friday using a 30gr lure which he was belting into a headwind and thats good enough for me.

A

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Would be the rookie for me, its a cracking rod and I honestly cant find any faults with it I use the 8ft version great in rough conditions and also works great with soft plastics with plenty back bone when yea get smashed by a decent fish....... have also had a good look at the tecklon which is a great rod but in my opinion the rookie edges it feeling better in hand, just my opinion though.

James.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 pm

grauvell for me mate

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Cheers for the replys ppl. Seems to be a mixed bag of opinions, but to be honest i think im leaning twords the rookie.

Thanks to James too....bumped into him today in absolute fishing, top lad! :)

Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:36 pm

pookie5488 wrote:grauvell for me mate

My mate has one works wonders for him :twisted:

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Pete, you have the same predicament I had a few months back and personally for the money in my opinion you are looking at the 2 best rods with the Sakura Rookie or the Grauvell teklon concept?

In the end I went with Grauvell Teklon concept based on the reviews I read, smashing rod.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 pm

morning, never had any problems with my Sakura Shükan from france...

Hmm, neither with my savagear bushwhackers (not the XLNT ones).

Cheers
Thomas

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Ya shukan 9ft odd WAS a lovely rod for the time i used 10 mins rod snapped,won't use one again but again the dealer replaced it for me with one of his own used red rods and boy im i happy,seen a few grauvell rods in action today and they seem to be the bizz.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:01 am

he did what? Thats called a really good replacement.

Would like a red one also, will have a try with the AFAW 9´ (12-60g) red one...
Not a Tenryu, but something near them following different bass Blogs but much cheaper!
Even cheaper than red rods are usually dealed!

Cheers
Thomas

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I bought the Grauvell Teklon Concept this year, an amazing rod, was advised on that one and havent been let down by it yet (",)

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 pm

SirSquiglum wrote:I bought the Grauvell Teklon Concept this year, an amazing rod, was advised on that one and havent been let down by it yet (",)

Agree, it its a fine rod for the price.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:49 pm

It's a tough choice, one I found very hard to make, got offered a rookie by one of the lads on the site which made it easier for me! You prob won't go wrong with either, For the record though...I love using my rookie :D :D :D

Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi

I have the 8ft Concept and is without doubt the best rod ive ever owned. The rods are designed for Soft Plastics but i have used Lures or all shapes and sizes on it and they work a dream in the water.

Go for the Concept you wont be sorry.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 am

Hope you didn't get the Sakura ! Mine broke and I keep hearing about others breaking. I've come across at least x6 posts on various forums with reports of Sakura rods breaking ! Hope you went for the Teklon ? I replaced my broken Sakura with a Mike Ladle 10/10 pro which is great. Having said that I am considering a Teklon 802 as another purchase.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:53 am

Pats shukan broke at the spigot on Saturday while casting a Z Claw :shock:

He was not impressed !

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:34 am

I can't see how anyone is impressed with Sakura. It cast well enough for the couple of weeks I had it before it broke. But how can anyone have confidence in or be impressed by a make of rod which is regularly reported as breaking ! ? Rods reported breaking once or twice is bad enough but regularly .......... ?

Is 'Sakura' Japanese for 'Break' ? Just a thought.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:18 pm

No, cherry blossom.