Jig Heads Online - Any Recommendations?

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 pm

I was wondering if anyone can recommend an onlne store, preferably without crazy shipping costs that do a good range of jig heads. I have found that the selection in tackle shops are generally not great and most of the jig heads I've bought locally are a bit on the light side (I would like to get some heavier ball jig heads for getting down deeper in conditions where there is a strong enough current).

Also, is it possible to get jig heads that can be rigged texas style, or can this only be done with eg. those Gamkatsu curved hooks?

Re: Jig Heads Online - Any Recommendations?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Ronnach

I have used this guy before(see link below). He does a big variety of heads and will try to help out with any specific requests.
50 jig heads cost me €22 including delivery from the US. I'm happy with them and so are the bass!!!

http://stores.ebay.com/TCI-Fishing-Lures

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi there,
if its normal jig heads 28grmish for shads try murrays in patrick street,i know one of the lads here uses them to good effect.Or if its the decoy ones etc try cian down in tramore[absolutefishingireland] i think thats his blog he will have whatever your looking for lures plastics etc,or failing that henry's tackle in dublin.Personally i prefer the lighter 7grm decoy ones as they don't snag as much when fishing the shallower marks.
Tight lines

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:03 pm

thanks Crevan and marlinman some good tips there. €22 for 50 jig heads sounds like a bargain so I'll check out that store.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Owner do a Jig head called the sled head which are for fishing Texas style, I picked some up in the states before and found them great,you could try Henrys for them.