Dublin 6-4-13

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

Dublin 6-4-13

Postby anthony byrne » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Kayak(s): Hobie

Duration:7.17-10.15

Tide: High at 8.30

Weather:Sunny but freezing

Bait: Rag and squid

Rigs: 1up 1down

Results: 1 pollack

Report:Its been so long since I last caught a fish that ive forgotten what its like :oops: Today I was going to change that and I was determined not to fecking blank again. On the road nice and early to see the sun rise :)
On the water as soon as I could get ready and headed out to tie off to a lobster pot. 30 minutes into the session with out a bite and Im thinking oh no here we go again :roll: It was fierce cold with a 4ft swell and just a slight breeze. All I knew at this stage was that there was clearly now fish under me so I decided on a few drifts, I had a good few rigs with me so didnt mind that it was rough grounds. I drifted for a mile or so and then headed back to go again, on the next drift i took a nice knock on the big rod and a pollack appeared
Very happy to see him so I was :D :D :D
Hoping to catch a few more I repeated the same drift over and over with no luck. I then headed into shallower waters to try out some other spots but again no luck. I tied off again to another pot, as I baiting up I kept hearing a strange noise from behind me but every time I turned round there was nothing there. Must be going mad I thought :twisted: but then all of a sudden a big fecken seal popped up about ten ft from the kayak and frightened the b%l%x out of me :cry: It took about then minutes for me to get over the shock :lol:
By this stage I was froze over and decided it was only the 1 fish today. Hopefully things will pick up over the next month
Attachments
phpfDVGeuAM.jpg
phpfDVGeuAM.jpg (108.79 KiB) Viewed 611 times
phpnqR8BRAM.jpg
phpnqR8BRAM.jpg (97.49 KiB) Viewed 611 times
http://anthonybyrnekayakangler.blogspot.ie
Irishkayakangling.com
Kayak Species 2011 (6)
Kayak Species 2012 (14)
Kayak Species 2013 (15)
anthony byrne
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 147 times

Re: Dublin 6-4-13

Postby timod » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Nice report and fair play on beating the blank :D
timod
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 86 times

Postby redzerologhlen » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Its nice to see some bit of life again Anthony, I was out under the cliffs of moher with freddi and kevin from ika today and all I managed was 3 launce, freddi and kevin got a few pollock before I came alright though.
Species list 2013.Conger, Launce, Pollock, Ballan Wrasse, Dogfish, 3b rockling, Bull Huss, Mackeral, Tub Gurnard.

Species list 2012. Mackeral, Pollock, Coalie, Bass, Dab, Weeverfish, Bull Huss, Poor Cod, Grey Gurnard, Ballan wrasse, Long spined sea scorpion, Conger, Pouting.
redzerologhlen
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 38 times

Postby JOHN1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:33 pm

good man anto nice to see a local report for a change :wink:

as for the seals i hate them at this stage, pity there wes no interest if seal fur and meat on this side of the world :wink:
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Postby number 4 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 pm

great report, at least you beat the blank
number 4
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 10 times

Postby anthony byrne » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:21 am

timod wrote:Nice report and fair play on beating the blank :D

Cheers, very happy not to blank :D
JOHN1 wrote:good man anto nice to see a local report for a change :wink:

as for the seals i hate them at this stage, pity there wes no interest if seal fur and meat on this side of the world :wink:

Glad to see a fish at this stage :P Dam seals, big fookers :shock: eating all the fish. Hope to see you back out there soon john :wink:
redzerologhlen wrote:Its nice to see some bit of life again Anthony, I was out under the cliffs of moher with freddi and kevin from ika today and all I managed was 3 launce, freddi and kevin got a few pollock before I came alright though.

Sure is redzer I was starting to thing there was no fish left on this side of the country. Any size to your fish?
number 4 wrote:great report, at least you beat the blank

Cheers number4
Irishkayakangling.com
Kayak Species 2011 (6)
Kayak Species 2012 (14)
Kayak Species 2013 (15)
anthony byrne
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby eyesreilly » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:54 am

Good report Anthony, only the one but a good one :wink: ,,,Watch out for those 'oul seals!,,,he was probably a bit peeved off after you getting the only fish in the vicinity :lol:
Species '20 (14) 5 Beard Rockling, Shore Rockling, Codling, Whiting, Pollock, Coalfish, Pouting, Corkwing Wrasse ,Ballan Wrasse, Poor Cod, Dab ,Smoothhound,Flounder, Thornback Ray

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING! --
eyesreilly
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 463 times
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby anthony byrne » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:40 am

:lol: cheers eyesreilly. I'd say the seal felt sorry for me, "that poor fellow out in the freezing cold in his kayak for hours and hasn't got a fish" :lol:
Irishkayakangling.com
Kayak Species 2011 (6)
Kayak Species 2012 (14)
Kayak Species 2013 (15)
anthony byrne
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Yaks Attack!