Dublin

Forum to discuss angling from kayaks, canoes, portabotes and other coastal craft. Small boat and kayak angling in Ireland.

Moderators: MAC, anthony byrne

Dublin

Postby anthony byrne » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Kayak(s): Me
Scotty
Gerry
Duration:Me 7.30-11
Scotty and Jerry stayed on
Tide:High at 9

Weather:Cold breezy

Bait: Rag, Lug

Rigs: Shamrock rigs

Results: 3 Codling, 4 Wrasse, 2 Pollock
The lads had Pollock up to 5lb
Report:Well let me begin this by saying a few kind words. You were there for me when no one else was around, you were a shining light when darkness loomed and we spent endless hours just chatting away. R.I.P iPhone you will be sadly missed
Got chatting to Scotty a couple of weeks back and he has put forward some great info on reefs around the Dublin area. He does a lot of diving. Deciding to test out this info I headed to Dalkey Island for a spot of fishing. It was a cold freezing morning but the sun was bright. As I got to the launch area I noticed the slipway was extremely steep. Loaded the kayak onto the cart and one of the wheels went pop :evil: By chance I had a spare in the boot 8) I carefully slid down the slipway with the yak in tow and stepped into knee deep water. .On I went towards the reef and tied off to a buoy. The fish must have been hungry. First hour was fairly busy
The weather was starting to get a little rough so I went back towards the harbour where I met Scotty and Gerry. Great to meet you lads. I done another few drifts closer to shore which produced a double of codling (no big sizes) and the lads set off on a drift towards the muglins. I didn't fancy the long trip back so I headed back out to the buoy and tied off again. Another wrasse and pollock . That was it for me I decided to call it a day. Scotty and Gerry stayed on with some good fish. The poor old iPhone seen better days, took a dunking :evil: :evil:
http://anthonybyrnekayakangler.blogspot.ie
Irishkayakangling.com
Kayak Species 2011 (6)
Kayak Species 2012 (14)
Kayak Species 2013 (15)
anthony byrne
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 147 times

Re: Dublin

Postby saving private brian » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 pm

nice one anthony,,,great pics,,,did you not read that post that jd has up regarding shamrock rigs,,,read it,,,you could be in for a prize
saving private brian
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 182 times

Re: Dublin

Postby anthony byrne » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:01 pm

saving private brian wrote:nice one anthony,,,great pics,,,did you not read that post that jd has up regarding shamrock rigs,,,read it,,,you could be in for a prize

Pics have to be at the shore :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Thanks for the heads up though. Great rigs at a cheap price
http://anthonybyrnekayakangler.blogspot.ie
Irishkayakangling.com
Kayak Species 2011 (6)
Kayak Species 2012 (14)
Kayak Species 2013 (15)
anthony byrne
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 147 times

Return to Yaks Attack!