Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:40 pm

People: 3

Duration: 3-8pm

Tide: on the rise

Weather: good

Bait: soft plastics and fly

Results: pollack

Report:
have been keen to have a go at the kayak fishing for a while now and eventually got the chance. 3 of us managed to get some time off work and so met up for a day targeting pollack. no real monsters caught - i reckon i got the biggest of the day at maybe 4lb - but an enjoyable day nonetheless 8) 8)
think im ready for the tope now :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Coastline Kayakin Pollacks! tue19/6/12

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:41 pm

couple more..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:48 pm

well done,,nice fish,,these kayaks are so tempting me

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:48 am

Well done, some fine pollock there, that looks like a lot of fun. :)

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:17 am

Well done, some nice fish and sounded like a great day out. Are you after a Tope from shore or boat?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 am

Some nice fish there congrats. Couldn't help but notice you have a feelfree nomad, a fine craft I have recently invested in! :D

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 am

Some nice fish there congrats. Couldn't help but notice you have a feelfree nomad, a fine craft I have recently invested in! :D

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 am

Great stuff 8) 8) I'd say the tope will be some craic from the kayak!

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:46 pm

saving private brian wrote:well done,,nice fish,,these kayaks are so tempting me

cheers brian. defo recommended. just make sure ye have a sturdy back tho.. :)
MR RMG83 wrote:Well done, some fine pollock there, that looks like a lot of fun. :)

thanks MR RMG83. a lot of fun 8)
dave316 wrote:Well done, some nice fish and sounded like a great day out. Are you after a Tope from shore or boat?

from the kayak Dave :!: (a few other guys on here have already had a go at it...)
Acro wrote:Some nice fish there congrats. Couldn't help but notice you have a feelfree nomad, a fine craft I have recently invested in! :D

thanks Acro. i wouldnt know the first thing about them but sounds good. i hired my yak for the day wheresas the other 2 guys did indeed purchase theirs
Sweetwrasse wrote:Great stuff 8) 8) I'd say the tope will be some craic from the kayak!

blo*dy lookin forward to it Sweetwrasse. will put up a wee report if i get one :o

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:23 am

Nice one. Cuckaroo can't beat the kayak fishing. Good luck with the Tope hunting :wink:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:16 pm

cheers Anthony. PM sent... :)

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Well done, nice pics, the Pollack are great fun on fly from the kayak.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 pm

hurler01 wrote:Well done, nice pics, the Pollack are great fun on fly from the kayak.

cheers hurler. those other guys had the fly rods with them too and were getting plenty. great fun indeed
i didnt bother as it was pretty much my first day out. i kept it simple with just the spinning rod and reasonably big soft plastics deterred the smaller fellas. i was goin for quality over quantity.. :wink:
mind you, they had on big flies on at times too.. :lol:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Nice work Charlie, super photos, lovely fat fish there.