Kayak(s): Ride 135
Hobie Outback

Duration:7.30-10.30

Tide: Low at 8.15

Weather:Rain rain and more rain

Bait: Squid rag mackerel

Rigs: 1 up and 1 down

Results: 1 Whiting 1 Doggie 1 Ling 1 Wrasse 1 Cod

Report:Rose at 6 this morning to the sound of the pouring rain. Thought to myself this should clear up nicely in the next hour or so. BY god was i wrong it literally rained all morning anyways got to the mark about 7 set up kayaks and on the water for 7.30. We headed out a couple of hundred metres into the bay.A few nibbles to start with but no takers at first so we done a few drifts,I caught a doggie and a wrasse and Anto snr a whiting .The rain seem to ease for a slight bit and a mist was setting in so we decided to keep it closer to shore for safety. We were about 30 yards from shore and it started to pour down again, we were gona call it a day but then my rod bent over with a fierce bite lovely i thought but as i brought it up it i lost it. I dropped the line back down and again with a bite it was a lovely cod maybe 2-3 pound in weight (not sure guesses welcome).It was a great scrap on the 4ft kayak rod.Then Anto hooked into something decent as he got it up to the yak all i heard was WHAT THE f**k IS THAT :lol: :lol: his first ling Think he was camera shy because just as i took the photo he jumped ship The ling and cod were caught in water no deeper than 30 ft We were both delighted with the results especially as we wernt gona head out after we seen the rain this morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin mark 1-10-11

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:03 pm

:) :) well done anto nice to see u and the aul man getting a few.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Is it not sore on the back sitting on a kayak for all those hours?

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:44 pm

joeflan35 wrote::) :) well done anto nice to see u and the aul man getting a few.

Cheers Joe , we should plan a session soon befor the snow kicks in :shock:
Stephen8wood wrote:Is it not sore on the back sitting on a kayak for all those hours?
doesn't bother me most kayaks have soft seats that can recline and moveable footrests so you can adjust yourself if needs be. In saying that the most I've been out on it For a single session was 4 hours.