Kompressor SS & WR300

A forum to discuss casting techniques and events. For the angler wishing to increase his distance and the tournament caster.

Moderators: paddyc, kstaff

Kompressor SS & WR300

Postby JPS » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Well here is the latest footage of me casting with the two rods weights are 150,125 and 100 gram respectively and reels are Peter Coogan PTEC and a Mike Benfield converted 6500CT ( 1971 model ). I was happy with overall distance as we were casting with a cross wind down court and pressure was also high at 1021 for most of the time we were there.

Still feel that I may be hitting a bit too much across my body but appreciate any feedback.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_3ZDyemq8s
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 18 times

Re: Kompressor SS & WR300

Postby kstaff » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Great clips Jeremy, thanks for posting as usual.
I'm not best qualified to offer much advice but I don't think I've ever seen you so aggressive on the hit in any previous clips! Love it!! :D Are you finding the same yourself?
Blue n White is the new Black!!!
kstaff
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 308 times

Postby paddyc » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Really likeing the voilence Jeremy, looks like the weight training is really paying off 8)
like keith said im also not the best person in the world to be offering advice,,, your hit looks faster but a bit early IMO, the lead looks like it has not come round outside the tip fully before you pick it up also your right arm seems to be bent quite alot as your coming round on the power-stroke. Were you casting the same weight each cast?? the last cast looked to be on a lighter lead?
Cheers Paddy
Cast-Monkey :-)
-----------------------------
SPORTSCAST IRELAND
paddyc
Casting Tart

Have thanks: 179 times

Postby JPS » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:45 am

Guy's

The casts were later in the day after I had been doing some technique work ( 4 hours worth) and I was happy with the violence level but I have ramped it up quite a bit since doing the gym work.
Hope to really push them out on Saturday where I want to hit a few comp PB's . Hopefully I dont muck it up by rushing the hit which has been a problem for me during comps. Should be easier however as Lee & Nick wont be casting so I wont try and just smash the @#$$% out of it.

In the clips I was casting in order , 150 ,125 on the SS and 100 gram on the WR300 which was the last cast. I plan on slowing the turn and trying to maintain arm possition better on Saturday.

I will try and post up footage and results when I get back.

Regards :mrgreen:
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby MC » Wed May 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi JPS which model of the wr are you using, the newer or older model? What do you think of it?
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 379 times

Postby JPS » Fri May 08, 2009 1:39 pm

I am using the current model (2008) and love the rod, the way the butt locks up via the gearbox and the softer tip section allows me to feel leads right down to the 50 gram better than most of my other rods.

Only thing that would make me happier with it would be if the butt were slimmer similar to my SS :mrgreen:

Between the two I have a hard time deciding which I like better :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JPS
SAI Hammerhead

Postby MC » Fri May 08, 2009 4:33 pm

JPS wrote:I am using the current model (2008) and love the rod, the way the butt locks up via the gearbox and the softer tip section allows me to feel leads right down to the 50 gram better than most of my other rods.

Only thing that would make me happier with it would be if the butt were slimmer similar to my SS :mrgreen:

Between the two I have a hard time deciding which I like better :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks for the reply
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 379 times

Return to Casting