UPC CLOSED GOLD MEDAL SHORE 2006 - RESULTS

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:55 pm

results from UPC Closed Gold Shore 2006
fished at portstewart , waterfoot, benone......sat 7 and sun 8th october

the following anglers will make up the 2007 Ulster shore team, and the inner will be on the 2007 Home Nations Ireland Shore Team.

winner - Shaun Fleming - North Antrim Sea Anglers - 5pts
2nd Gareth Bell (dinger) - CBARSAC - 8pts
3rd Philip Brown - Culdaff SAC - 9pts
4th Stuart Langridge - CBARSAC - 9PTS
5th Paul Power - Portrush Yacht Club SAC - 9pts
reserve 6th jonny gilbert - CBARSAC - 9pts

under 21 winner Gareth Bell

Under 16 winner Warren Brown - Culdaff SAC.

good to see a few forum members doing well here too - dinger, jonnygilbert, and stuarty.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:54 pm

Well done Stuarty and Dinger for making the team 8)

Jude

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:08 am

Well done lads...

How was the fishing on Sunday at Benone Phil? Didn't get a chance to head that way on Sunday myself.

Kev

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:42 pm

Well done lads, heard the fishing was quite good...

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:29 pm

portstwart was patchy with some fine flounder on it, waterfoot was hard going with so many small undersize fish on it, and benone was not great with only 1 treble, a good few doubles and singles of counters around...... i think that a good percentage of people caught in all 3 sessions compared to normal, although most of the individual catches werent too high in numbers

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:26 pm

thanks lads

waterfoot fished really good i had fish every cast after dark not all were keepers but it was enjoyable i had 8 keepers, but no flounder at all.

the fishing was hard on benone i had three fish, but was Lucky got the 3rd keeper last cast

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:41 pm

Fantastic effort lads. Well done to Shaun for winning overall. Really good result for the CBARSAC.

Steve

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:55 pm

Thanks lads it was a hard three sessions
well done shaun fleming he also had a crackin flounder 45cms to take the heavy flatfish pool whilst johnny gilbert took the heaviest roundfish pool with a bass of 43cm
i thought id just missed out cos the guy two pegs on my left pulled a crackin flounder on the very last retrieve to put me third in my zone , i had five in the 1st session at portstewart all flounders and won my zone came fourth in the evening session at waterfoot with two flounder a pollock and a coalie and on the sunday session i had one flounder which was a mm to short disallowed anyway im well pleased at makin the team, sorry i couldnt spend more time with the lads from the forum but it was nice to meet them anyway
i might make it to the return north / south match :wink:

chat

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:36 pm

go ahead shaun dude,keep her lit..........