FAO of Arthur G & Tanglerat

Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:46 pm

May have a few spaces with Pat on Tuesday 13th July if either of you are interested. Sent PMs but they are stuck in my outbox after failing to send. Let me know ASAP, so I can work out numbers,

Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:04 pm

Reply sent, but also "failed sending reply". What's that all about? :shock:

Anyways, short version is: Ta but no ta, stuck in London :(

Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:38 am

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the offer but I'm stuck in work and have meetings booked on Tuesday.

On a similar note, we have been intending to fish "the far wreck" for two years now and never actually got out. I am referring to the Audacious which is about 15 miles north of Fanad. It needs a calm day and will involve a slightly earlier start and later finish than usual.

It can be hit or miss but when it is a hit, by God it hits! There's a video of the Rathmullan crowd fishing it about nine years ago and at one point they had to gut their catch to take some weight off the boat and make some room!!! I kid you not! Great Pollock and Ling that day.

However, other days can blank or you can't get through the Coalies.

Once we get a settled spell we have a crew ready to drop everything and go. It will be a Wednesday as it suits us best. Would you or Tanglerat be interested?

Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:12 pm

JGF, having problems with PMs, in short, answer is "Yes". Send me PM with your phone num and I'll call you ASAP. - or email the business address sales@procast-angling.com

Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:41 pm

Arthur, yip give me a shout if there's a space. Can't guarantee I can get it off, but I'll try. Cheers for the offer.
Fished the Audacious once on my 1st trip with MMV. Great days fishing.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:43 pm

h rocks wrote:Arthur, yip give me a shout if there's a space. Can't guarantee I can get it off, but I'll try. Cheers for the offer.
Fished the Audacious once on my 1st trip with MMV. Great days fishing.

As soon as this weather gets calm we'll go for it. You might mention it to Sean as well - I've not seen him for a week or two.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:55 pm

h rocks wrote:JGF, having problems with PMs, in short, answer is "Yes". Send me PM with your phone num and I'll call you ASAP. - or email the business address sales@procast-angling.com

Conor,

Have sent email to you and a PM - thanks.

John.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:30 pm

Would you or Tanglerat be interested?

Yeah! I haven't fished the "Audie" in years. Keep meaning to every summer when I've a few boys from the club over, but one thing or another keeps getting in the way. (Remember Pat's propensity for blowing up his engines? :P )

I'll be over there 24th July to 12th August. How about Wed 28th July?

Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:16 am

Tanglerat wrote:
Would you or Tanglerat be interested?

Yeah! I haven't fished the "Audie" in years. Keep meaning to every summer when I've a few boys from the club over, but one thing or another keeps getting in the way. (Remember Pat's propensity for blowing up his engines? :P )

I'll be over there 24th July to 12th August. How about Wed 28th July?

I've replied to your mail, T. It is all weather dependant and since we haven't had any steady high-pressure spells it is hard to predict with any confidence. The boys in the club are ready and eager to go the first calm week we get. Knowing my luck it will be during the first two weeks in August when I am on holiday!

2 places left

Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:12 pm

Anyone fancy filling the boat on Tuesday ? 2 places left . Let me know on 0044 7753685200 or 0044 2837518953 ASAP.

Leaving Port Na Blagh pier at 9am, return about 5.30. Do a lap of Tory spinning leadheads for pollock , or dropping rigs (whatever it is you do !). Stoop on Tory for a half time pint and away again for a few hours.

Anyone interested, give me a shout ,

Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:14 pm

It's 3:15p.m. on Thirsday, 15th July.

I have a couple of places free on the new boat out of Mullaghmore this Saturday if anyone is interested. Ofiicially a works trip, we are a few heads short but still going.

€35 a head.

Please contact me today or before 4p.m. tomorrow if interested.

Cheers.