Courtmacsherry

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:37 pm

Guys I am coming over with a couple of friends to try our luck with self drive boats out of Courtmacsherry in early October :D . Can anybody give us advice on what we can expect to catch and recommend tactics. I have heard that trolling is good for bass but what lures would be recommended. Also will we find any mackerel around for bottom fishingand can anybody tell me what the tides are like and times on the7 and 8th Oct? We are over for three days and can't wait, thanks for your help!!

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:43 am

Tide on Sat-
Low 1:23am 0.85m
High 6:09am 6.93m
Low 1:47pm 0.54m
High 6:34pm 6.88m

Sunday
Low 2:08am 0.72m
High 6:51am 7.04m
Low 2:30pm 0.49m
High 7:15pm 6.89m

Might be some fairly big swells and some wind on the Sunday probably overcast/rain all weekend. - Might be worth checking if Mark Ganon has any space on bigger boat if conditions are too bad for the small ones to go out (although there is some shelter in the bay) Was going to take 1 out myself in the summer but fog stopped us, went on a charter instead was great, Mark is a good bloke

Good luck!

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:48 pm

Thanks for the advice the trip was great and Mark is a top guy all round! We enjoyed it so much we're planning to return next year. Would you happen to know if the Bass would still be inshore in March and if so would there still be macks around?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:51 pm

hi bassy,
did yeah catch any thing?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:49 pm

We had a load of joeys and a few bass but were made to feel stupid :oops: :oops: (polite term!!!) by Mark and his crew who proceeded to catch between 15 and 19 bass in an hour session on his mooring in an hour! They were using live sandeel on french booms suspended by bubble floats (alledgedly!) :shock: :shock: :shock: . Biggest bass landedthat I saw was 6lb plus but they lost them to double figures :evil: :evil: :evil:
We are hoping to revisit but would gratefully receive advice as to when the bass are around.