Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Hi all,

Are there any Fishing Tackle Shops near Malin Head , Carndonagh
in fact Inishowen ??

Steve

Tacke shops

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Hi Steve,

I beieve Farrens at Maling Head carry some tackle but for the bigger range there is Lough Swilly Flies and angling centre and Top Tackle in Letterkenny. Aladdin Sport in Letterkenny also carry some tackle. I use Lough Swilly centre most as it is quite near...he has a good range and can get anything you need quite quickly as well. Drop ne a message if you need direction to any of them. There might be others but I don't know of them.

EQ

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Nearest I know of would be Letterkenny or Derry....

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:19 pm

Hi Steve,

I am not aware of any tackle shops worth visiting or relying on to pick up bait in Inishowen. I think the last stop really is O'Neills at Bridgend, just before you cross the border. They carry a limited range of stuff but usually have quite a bit of frozen bait, open Sundays too if you're stuck. There used to be a small tackle shop in Buncrana but that closed down after the old lady whos it was died. There are a few bits and pieces available in the pound type shop on the bottom of the main St where Bradleys Spar used to be. You can also pick up bits and bobs in the angling centre at the entrance to Swans Park. In Culdaff, there is a hardware store just beside where you turn to go to Bunagee Pier, they used to carry a small bit of stuff. Couple of decent shops in Derry all the same. Sea Fishing up north is not as big a deal as it should be, with the majority of items aimed at Game angling. (I stand corrected on that as its been quite some time since I bought anything of any note other than leads or bait up North) Its a sad state of affairs when it was LIDL in Buncrana who carried the best range of fishing tackle in Inishowen this summer! HTH.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:09 am

I will have to pay a visit to Boston Outdoor Today then

Just wanted somewhere closer

ok all the best

Steve

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:55 am

8) http://www.loughswillyanglingcentre.com/