Fish finder chart plotter

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 am

Any recommendations for a decent one about €400 is my budget ,ideally I’d like something that can be taken out it’s box and be ready to go with all the transducers and bits I need with it and have maps with it or easily download to it , all I want is to be able to input coordinates and get fishing,is side scan useful? As it’s usually makes it cost more.any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

Re: Fish finder chart plotter

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 pm

You would be hard pushed to get a decent combo unit for that kind of money.

https://www.chmarine.com/garmin-echomap-uhd-65cv-gps/ that do not include the transducer you can add another €93 for that.

At least you will have the top of the range unit that will play all the right tunes you want to hear :D

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:35 pm

Guys,

Thoughts on this? Looks like decent value>
https://marineparts.ie/garmin-striker-p ... ransducer/

Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:11 pm

eoghanb wrote:Any recommendations for a decent one about €400 is my budget ,ideally I’d like something that can be taken out it’s box and be ready to go with all the transducers and bits I need with it and have maps with it or easily download to it , all I want is to be able to input coordinates and get fishing,is side scan useful? As it’s usually makes it cost more.any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

It would be small but it is close to budget: https://www.chmarine.com/garmin-echomap-plus-45cv-gps/

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:27 pm

thoughts on my post above?

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:01 pm

ihaveissues wrote:Guys,

Thoughts on this? Looks like decent value>
https://marineparts.ie/garmin-striker-p ... ransducer/

The striker is a fish finder first and gps second. It can store and navigate to waypoints but it does not have charts. It is a great value unit.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:18 pm

Garmin c5 would do the job perfectly for you and within your budget too.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:49 pm

ok thanks. Again, apologies for seeming so novice, but don't I need charts? Or it that more of a professional thing?
Do I need to know where I'm heading out to etc.

I'm not sure about the important things to look for. I thought it'd be charts so I'd know where I'm heading to?

I'll do a bit of research on the side as I intend to buy next week and get my new prop', the anodes and this fitted at the same time
as soon as I find a machinic near poolbeg.

Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:18 pm

Have been using a Garmin Striker Plus 5cv lately ,came with a GT20-TM transducer ,its a great bit of kit for the money ,has GPS so you can navigate or find your way home or to enter or find your marks ,no map ,but has quickdraw to make your own ,great as a fishfinder ,very clear and accurate ,10/10 for a basic little package .eddie..

Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:13 pm

Im looking at a lowrance hook reveal 9 at the moment on waveinn for €580 cheapest site i could find at the minute have heard good things about the lowrance stuff

Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:00 pm

ste c wrote:Im looking at a lowrance hook reveal 9 at the moment on waveinn for €580 cheapest site i could find at the minute have heard good things about the lowrance stuff

Check what charting, if any comes with the unit. Many continental models do not come with anything other than the very basic. If you want charts later you could factor in something close to 200odd quid extra, more if you want relief shading.
I'm a Garmin user with a good few years now. I had enough dealings with the Lowrance aftermarket department! :wink:

Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:03 am

JimC wrote:
ste c wrote:Im looking at a lowrance hook reveal 9 at the moment on waveinn for €580 cheapest site i could find at the minute have heard good things about the lowrance stuff

Check what charting, if any comes with the unit. Many continental models do not come with anything other than the very basic. If you want charts later you could factor in something close to 200odd quid extra, more if you want relief shading.
I'm a Garmin user with a good few years now. I had enough dealings with the Lowrance aftermarket department! :wink:

Did you have a bad experience with them jim?

Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:51 pm

As I say, I am a Garmin user with years now. I'm sure Lowrance have gotten over the difficulties from back then and the current gear is way better.