Bluefin Tuna

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

Bluefin Tuna

Postby Its Ofishal » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:18 pm

I see they are catching loads in Donegal and I was speaking to a local man who used to fish for them up there and he was wondering what the charters will do after the four year "science project" is over. I didnt know there was a time limit on this so the charters may have to give it up in 2022. Im still waiting for news of the sharks as I havent heard of any being caught in the bay yet.
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 103 times

Re: Bluefin Tuna

Postby keymcg » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:49 pm

We're going to give the shark a go on friday so I will let you know how we get on. There was one caught near inismurray a few days ago so hopefully be a few around.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For this message the author keymcg has received thanks:
chuckaroo (Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am)
keymcg
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 86 times

Re: Bluefin Tuna

Postby Its Ofishal » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 am

I think I will be up that way on saturday as well so I will post a report after that. i will be putting a bait down near bottom to try get my first porbeagle. Reports are that there was a red slime there last week so keep an eye on your lines cos if its still there you will have to keep lines as clean as possible. Good luck buddy.

For this message the author Its Ofishal has received thanks:
chuckaroo (Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am)
Its Ofishal
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 103 times

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum