Boat Wanted.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:25 pm

posted this in another thread but just trying to seek help.

hi lads
just a question for you.
does anyone know of anyone who is selling a cheap boat,as my father in law is after one and im kinda trying to help him as hes having no luck,when i say cheap i mean under a grand,hes been trying to get one off a fella in belfast who has one but its been lying in his yard for over 6 years and hes asking 1600 quid,exactly what hes paid for it,and he aint budging so hes given up trying to get that,so any help would be appreciated,or if anyone knows of any boats moored anywhere that people are selling and he dont know of
thanks in advance
carl.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:43 pm

If you dont mind travelling across the water and towing one back, give http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk a try, enter in your price range and away you go. I had a quick look the other day myself as I was considering getting something small to keep down in Cork for hoofing around in and there was plenty of stuff around that kind of money. Beware though as there is an awful lot of scrap out there. Your main concern has to be the engine, fibreglass doesnt rot...! http://WWW.apolloduck.ie isnt bad either but it wont have too much in that price range to be honest, failing that, keep your eyes open on ebay.

HTH

Pete.

boat

Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:38 pm

try the buy and sell but be very careful... lots of "warm" boats apparently!

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:02 am

This any good to you , you,ll not find much cheaper than this
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/s ... hp?t=22348

Goodluck Andy

Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:50 pm

thanks to all those who answered and tried to help but i must say,from a forum of pro sea fisherman i was expecting more of a reception as i thought that the guys off here would associate with people who own boats or at least rent boats out. I am trying to help someone help out myself and have explored all known avenues (those that i know) and have become stuck in my search for a decent or half decent boat,i dont know where to go other than search around boat yards and ask harbourmasters.maybe a little more info would rack brains so here goes:

im looking for a 12/14 foot boat,mainly a cabin fishing boat,either maintained or with a boat that wants a bit of work (but nothing heavy).it must be under a thousand pounds and safe,and also defo not knicked or need a s*** load of mooring fees or something that someone hasnt been bothered to pay.it must be local to glengormley or either as far as portrush or similar.

so,if anyone comes across a bit of info on a sale or knows a friend of a friend or something similar i would DEFINITELY be interested in hearing from you

once again thanks in advance.

money

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:08 am

Too be honest i think you are asking a lot for 1 grand! Make that about 3 grand and you will have a chance. Nothing comes for free in this world :x

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am

Hi carlbfast, I hope you are not intending going to sea in a 12ft cabin boat as it is far too small for safe and enjoyable fishing when considering the amount of equipment to be carried i.e.Anchor,ropes,spare fuel,life jackets,flare pack,oars/paddles plus fishing tackle. If it is a sea angling boat you need then I would respectfully suggest a minimum length of not less than 16ft. Safety first and good fishing.