New reel

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Well lads looking for opinions for new boat multi my old one had goven up ghost after 3years of use nearly ever day in summer,possibley fixable wobbley handel usual diawa trade mark perhaps but would like something i know will last if looked after

Re: New reel

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:21 pm

I was out on a couple of trips this summer and a few lads had Penn Fathom or Penn Squall reels. I had a go off them, they both felt very smooth and powerful. Lovely smooth drag on them too

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Try get your hands on an old model of the 535 Penn not the Chinese version, there must be a few on the top shelves of a tackle shop somewhere

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Yep the 535 gs or the 525 gs are probably the most bomb proof out there. Can be tough to get the USA ones.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Penn fathoms,daiwa saltists,avets depends on budget really slosh 20 or 30s all bullet proof reels

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:04 am

What's your budget? I have some Shimano TLDs that have been on the go for over 20 years. Hard to fault them for reliability. Have been using Fin Nor Marquesa and Avet SX for the last few years. Nice kit, but a bit pricier.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Cheers for replies lads been looking at penn,s myself all right dont mind spending few€€€ on something thats going to last longer than 2seasons with regular servicing