Boat Angling Ireland

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 am

The Boat Angling Ireland website seems to have been offline for the past week. Anybody know if its gone under? I know it was a bit of a competitor to this site, but it would be a shame to see another part of the online angling infrastructure disappear...

Re: Boat Angling Ireland

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:51 am

Seems to be "Domain Expired" - I think the lads need t track down the original owner of the domain.
Forums have gotten quieter all round since the arrival of the plethora of social media sites....

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:12 am

Thanks jim. Yes, it had been really quiet this year, but it was always very useful as an info resource. Hate to see all that built-up experience wiped out.
As you say, this site too isnt as energetic as it used to be, with people probably migrating to "closed" groups on Facebook etc. You can see the point of that in some ways, i suppose, but a wide-ranging open forum is way more interesting to the likes of myself.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 am

Yep! I think that forums have their place in the world. Facebook is grand but there in an inability to search for information that you once spotted etc. That said, I'm more active on FB than forums nowadays myself. I do find that I post on less forums though. Moderation can be an issue on some forums even more so on Facebook.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:44 pm

If anyone knows the site owners, ask them to make contact and we can see about hosting the material here, perhaps in a dedicated forum?
As you say, its a shame to see the collected knowledge and advice lost...

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Think contact is being made with the site owner who is not a regular contributor to the site but the only guy who can renew Domain.

Yappo

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:58 pm

No reply from him yet as far as I know,he used to libe live close enough to myself I will make a couple of enquiries to try find out if he's around.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:05 pm

Site back up and running again

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Gone offline again.