how's donegal fishing so far ?

Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:22 pm

Have my first charter of the season coming up soon. Has anyone done any fishing off donegal yet ? How's it fishing so far and what's working ?

Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:38 pm

Haven't been out yet - the Enterprise is still not in the water.

Sammy Scott (Downings) kept his in the water and when he did get out reported plenty of Pollock, some into double figures along with shoals of Coalies.

Can't wait to get going proper, though the fishing doesn't really pick up until late May.

Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:58 am

H Rocks - tried replying to your message, but twice it said "email failed" so I doubt you got it.

We are planning to go out on the boat on Saturday (17th) from Rathmullan (20 minutes from Letterkenny). We have a few spare places if you are interested. I'll be hard to get hold of this week, but if you are interested give my pal Hugo a phone on 00-353-86-104-2805.

Cheers,

Arthur

donegal fishing

Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:25 pm

Hi.
Some of my friends fished out of Killybegs on Easter Monday.Pleasent day with plenty of Pollock Ling and cod and a few cuckoo wrass to size.

mick

Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:57 pm

lads thanks for the replies. I didnt open the post as it said no replies. Just had a peep and there are 3 !! Arthur, I'd have jumped at the chance but alas too late !! Still haven't wet line yet !! Roll on 15th !!

Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:03 pm

Just checked with Angela as the Enterprise went out on Saturday. They only fished at the Laurentic but the fishing was good.

Planty of reasonable Coalies - apparently as many as you wanted.

One box of Pollock, mostly in the 5-7Lb range but with a couple nearer 10Lb.

One Ling of around 10Lb.

A couple of Pouting.

Six early Mackerel.

If the wind turns away from the north we're going to try and get out Monday (3rd May). There will likely be spare places if you or indeed anyone else fancies it. Contact Angela or Niall - contact details on this website - The Enterprise out of Rathmullan, Co Donegal.

Tue May 04, 2004 5:49 pm

Hi

Fished a species competition out of Killybegs on Saturday1/5/04. Six species won it. Fishing was rather scratchy, but a beautiful day and good fast angling boats, compensated some what The next competition out of there would be the Killybegs International Festival on the 10/11/7/04.
If you were interested contact Mary Rouiller Hon Sec 074 971137. soonest if you are interested

mick