aluboats

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Hy all ,
As mentioned in an earlier post I recently bought a Seastrike 16ft Aluboat . Is there anybody in this forum using a similar boat, or a different aluboat ? Would just like to hear about your experience .
What about corrosion ? What about fixing equipment ? How does she perform ?

The boat I bought is still in UK an I will bring it over next spring.

Cheers Werner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: aluboats

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 am

"Screeming Reels" Martyn has I think it's a boat called a "Bar Crusher" which is made from aluminium send him a PM if he doesn't stumble accross this thread :wink:

Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 am

Hi
Yes , i have had an alu boat for the last 6 years and can happily say its been fantastic. The only issues you will get with corrosion, or electrolisis, is if you mix metals on the boat, ie, if you fix stainless components direct to the alu hull, but that can be prevented by using a barrier grease etc.
If you have any other questions dont hesitat to pm
regards
screeming

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 am

screeming reels wrote:Hi
Yes , i have had an alu boat for the last 6 years and can happily say its been fantastic. The only issues you will get with corrosion, or electrolisis, is if you mix metals on the boat, ie, if you fix stainless components direct to the alu hull, but that can be prevented by using a barrier grease etc.
If you have any other questions dont hesitat to pm
regards
screeming

Spot on advise there and I couldn`t add to it. I sold Linder boats for ten years and found them to be great sellers with a great re-sale.
I love the Sea strike,it looks robust and stable.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks for your answers , So that looks good and I'm looking forward to get the boat over to Ireland.

Another question somebody may be able to answer :
I'm just starting to take lessons to get the SRC certificat in Germany . Here it is not allowed
to use a handheld radio . As I have only a small boat , I would like to have one of them .
Is there any similar restriction in Ireland , as my boat will used be only there ?
Cheers Werner