fitting engine

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:04 pm

I picked up my engine yesterday: (25hp Johnson pull start), Just the engine.... The previous engine on the boat was a Mercury 40, the cables are still there as is the Quicksilver throttle.
But as always, I'm having problems....
The steering is way off as can be seen, as is its fully in.
I know the cables won't work but can I get attachments for the existing cables or do I need full new cables, and if so will they fit into the Quicksilver Remote?
Thanks for any input....

Cormac
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: fitting engine

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:24 am

Hi Cormac,

I sent you an email with an invite to have a look at the way I sorted mine so pop around, looks like you will be needing a few brackets and I should have a few bits around the yard to make them up,

Give me a bell when your around… after midday is the best time to get me because I seem to have gone into night mode over the past week or so,

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:29 am

I will give you a buzz on Sunday if thats ok cos Im working all next week, what time will you be around tomorrow?
thanks...

Cormac

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:12 am

ennagail24 wrote: what time will you be around tomorrow?
thanks...

Cormac

Give me an hours notice after midday and I will be here, as I said you will get a good idea of what you need to do just by looking at my set up,

Still cant figure out why i cant see you gear lever in the picture but you can fill me in when you pop around,

I'm sure to think of something that will work for you, I enjoy a little challenge as it keeps the brain ticking over,

As long as its got nothing to do with wiring :wink: