Any tips for repairing a fibreglass bruise.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

On my last trip I met a very large pot hole on the road, couldn’t go around it due to oncoming traffic and couldn’t stop in time as I spotted it too late. :oops:
My car hit it with a bang and then all I saw in my rear view mirror was the boat and trailer in mid air and they came back to earth with a awful thud ( a little exaggerated but that’s how I still see it, I am sure you know how I feel) :cry:
The Fiberglass hull took a bad knock and part of the problem is that my trailer has only one roller on each side which puts a lot of pressure on one small point of the boat when towing. I will be looking to change this roller to a long rail before I travel anywhere.
We launched the boat on the day anyway and as I suspected the boat seeped a little water through the bruised fiberglass.
Now this won’t be the first time I have repaired a fiberglass hull but I was wondering if anyone out there has any tips for making the job as neat and as strong as possible?

Re: Any tips for repairing a fibreglass bruise.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:56 pm

YouTube :idea: loads of videos there, I'm sure you can find some useful repair hints and advice. Hope you have good insurance cover :shock:

Re: Any tips for repairing a fibreglass bruise.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 pm

how bad is the bruise.. has it gone through the gelcoat and the fibre...and how big of a area is it.. pm me i might be able to help....