marine boot sale

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 am

hi guys seen this advert http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/boats/1127649 thought it might interest some of you never know
what you would pick up .rods ,reels. maybe even something that went missing off your own boat lol

Re: marine boot sale

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:39 pm

€5 quid entry fee :?: What a rip

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 pm

i dont know kev its 2 euros in to the average boot sale. but a boot sale with just boat gear i must confess gets the juices going lol

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Maybe, but paying for a stroll around :?: I don't need anything, so I'll save myself for the Angling show on the 13th of Feb

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 pm

im looking forward to this. you never know whats there till you look .i need afew things for the boat a new steering wheel for one. and possibly a larger fuel tank so i think with that as a shopping list its a must for me it might be just junk but i think its worth a fiver for a peek

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 am

Hey Twinkle i also have to agree a fiver is a bit on the steep side for a car boot sale ,was at a car boot sale in the uk last year ,there was about 200 pitches and entry fee was only 30p :lol: ,but who knows you might grab yourself a little bargain and have a giggle at the same time at some of the junk that people try to flog off.Its probably bad timing too with 2 angling shows due on both weekends before hand.Roll on valentines, a romantic weekend in Cloghran for 2 me and my wallet :twisted:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm

so just a romantic break for you and coyser? lol .i went to one of these in the states it was brilliant the amount of surplas
gear lads that had given up boats all the stuff out of there sheds boxes of rigs, reels, rods ,rope ,fishfinders ,chartplotters, anchors ,chains, engine parts its like an aladins cave of goodies all very cheap that was the last one i was at .but they run these in england quite a lot and from lads iv spoke to there really good .this is something i will look forward too.
the angling shows in my opinion are outragously priced. 15 euros in to see shopowners you can see for free anytime.
iv already given my views on this on the forum .with the on line shops these shows are dinosaurs and with the overheads there been charged it will be hard to give a bargain

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Totallt agree about the angling show. I think it's €10 quid into that one and at least I know there will be the odd bargin amongs't the coarse fishing stuff. There will also be some talks and demonstartions, so €10 quid although a bit steep I will pay. But €5 quid to look over someone elses junk..... no thanks.

Kev

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm

MAC wrote:Totallt agree about the angling show. I think it's €10 quid into that one and at least I know there will be the odd bargin amongs't the coarse fishing stuff. There will also be some talks and demonstartions, so €10 quid although a bit steep I will pay. But €5 quid to look over someone elses junk..... no thanks.

Kev

Jack Charlton will be opening the event on valentines weekend worth the tenner alone :D

twinkle wrote:so just a romantic break for you and coyser? lol .i went to one of these in the states it was brilliant the amount of surplas
gear lads that had given up boats all the stuff out of there sheds boxes of rigs, reels, rods ,rope ,fishfinders ,chartplotters, anchors ,chains, engine parts its like an aladins cave of goodies all very cheap that was the last one i was at .but they run these in england quite a lot and from lads iv spoke to there really good .this is something i will look forward too.
the angling shows in my opinion are outragously priced. 15 euros in to see shopowners you can see for free anytime.
iv already given my views on this on the forum .with the on line shops these shows are dinosaurs and with the overheads there been charged it will be hard to give a bargain

The coyser will be otherwise engaged hes working that weekend on the airport rd ,holding a sign for directions ,Angling show next right :lol: Genuinely Twinkle heading down to waterford the weekend of the car boot sale so will be NOT thinking of ya :)

A tip for the bargain hunters going to the swords Angling show the last 2 hours on sunday are where you will grab the best deals ,pick out what your looking for, have the cash ready and make offers as there about to pack up ,youll be surprised at some of the reductions :wink:

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:09 pm

dont doubt you clownfish id say all day sunday theyl be trying to make the rent

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Was the boot sale any good.... I was too busy drinking.

Kev

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:34 pm

twinkle wrote:im looking forward to this. you never know whats there till you look .i need afew things for the boat a new steering wheel for one. and possibly a larger fuel tank so i think with that as a shopping list its a must for me it might be just junk but i think its worth a fiver for a peek

Dont know if this is near you Derek...
Swords
http://www.marineparts.ie/engine-systems/fuel-1/

http://www.marineparts.ie/engine-system ... ng-wheels/

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 am

right beside me cormac i was looking at them also looking at a stainless steel one but will wait till i see whats in d/laire this boot sale is not until 28th march