Perspex windows yellowing

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:58 am

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if I can do anything to my Perspex windows on my cabin… the side windows have turned to an off white more like yellow colour other wise there fine as in no scratch marks,

If I cant bring them back is there anyplace that I can get tinted Perspex to replace them… I’m in limerick but wont mind driving for an hour or so to collect the gear needed,

Cheers

Mike.

Re: Perspex windows yellowing

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:48 am

there is a thread about replacing boat windows here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21294&p=163752&hilit=boat+windows#p163752
Blarney Trading in Ballincollig supply bronzed polycarbonate sheets, you could give them a try.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:49 am

Covered here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20616&hilit=polycarbonate

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21294&p=163531&hilit=polycarbonate#p163531

There surely is someone selling polyc in Limerick. :shock: :D

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:53 am

plastix I think its called, can be bought in halfords, I have used it to clean the perspex on the head lights of the car, its a cream so good clean cloth and a bit of elbow grease, then wash off, comes up like new.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:16 am

Many Thanks for the links and info Gents,

After reading one of your links Jim I have decided to change the windows altogether as I reckon they are well past the 3 year mark and I think the rubber on the front window is letting in water so I may as well kill 2 birds with the one stone by sealing the rubbers all round when I come to changing the windows,

If I cant find the bronzed polycarbonate in limerick I will be sure to look up that chap in cork,

Again I thank you all for your help on this,

Mike,

I really like the idea of the bronzed windows I think they will give me a warm feeling on a gray day :)