Garmin fishfinder 100 series transducer needed

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:46 am

Hallo all,

Just got my first seaworthy boat and a friend of mine will give me his old fish finder if I can sort the bit’s for it,

What I will be given is the main box / screen with no power lead or transducer… I’ve checked around and found that Garmin don’t make this model anymore but they said the fittings on some of the later models will work with this 100 series,

I cant seem to find any dealers that can tell me what I need to get for this problem sorted so I dropped the question into this pool of knowledge to see if any of you lads can save me going blind looking for the parts,

Or should I forget the 100 and go find a new one as I know it sometimes works out more expensive buying the extra bits needed… what I mean by that is it may work out just as cheap to buy a new fish finder,

In anticipation of your help I thank you’s.

Mike.

Re: Garmin fishfinder 100 series transducer needed

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:25 pm

I,m in a similar boat to you (excuse the pun) ive the transponder and battery pack rigged up to my kayak(it wouldnt be worth pulling it apart) but the garmin the guy i bought it off had packed up. what model is it...?? if you cant get the parts i might be interested in buying it off you for a small price... :D towards your new one... thats if its compatible with my set up of course.
just a thought.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi W/B,

Thanks for the offer but its not for sale as it is a gift from a friend who has gone off the fishing while he is breaking in his new girlfriend,

I got it today so checked the model number >0011-00523-00< its in mint condition... If / when i get it sorted i hope to be able to offer it back to him in working order as a "Thank you" for his kind gesture after i had told him i had stretched my budget by buying boat / trailer and engine in one go and still needed a backup engine around 3 or 4 hp and a depth finder along with other bits,

Fair play to him he said i could have his 8.5hp for the rest of the summer but i said it would be too big to lug around so he gave me the finder to keep but i will pass it back hopefully in the same condition plus the leads,

are you sure you cant just rip your fittings out... How hard can it be its a yak dude :)

Also still looking for a little reliable back engine if you hear of any about,

Cheers

Mike,

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:38 pm

YOU COULD TRY A FEW COMPANYS THAT FIT FISHFINDERS MIGHT HAVE SOME OLD ONES THEY TOOK OFF OTHER BOATS OR MAYBE EBAY MIGHT BE AN OPTION

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:58 am

twinkle wrote:YOU COULD TRY A FEW COMPANYS THAT FIT FISHFINDERS MIGHT HAVE SOME OLD ONES THEY TOOK OFF OTHER BOATS OR MAYBE EBAY MIGHT BE AN OPTION

Twinkle,

Thanks for your reply but I couldn’t wait so got an eagle f/f for €80 that had never seen salt water and after having a good look at it I would have said it had only been taken out of the box once,

When I asked about it the chap said it was got for carp fishing but the place he fished was so shallow that it was of no use to him so now its got a new home at sea,

The main reason I wanted one was to check depths as I drift and it seems to do the job fine, :D :D :D

Thanks again for the info twinkle,