Recommend a boat?

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi there,

I have done a few boat runs with my mate recently and I am about to invest in my own....Im hooked! I have looked at the Predator 165, but along with the 5500 or so for it new, Id be looking another few pounds for an engine and a trailer...Would you recommend this or go for something 2nd hand and cheaper? I really like the look of those Orkneys and they seem cheaper....I just dont want to go and bust 6000 or 7000 if an orkney could be got for half the money and be just as good a boat!

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:31 am

im looking at the predator myself, the new 165 offshore looks great...7000 all in i think

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:50 am

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:31 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im looking at the predator myself, the new 165 offshore looks great...7000 all in i think

Dave, €7k will buy you the hull..... trailer, engines, electronics etc etc will all be extra. Nice looking boat though....

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 am

Yeah,

You have to remember that a new 60Hp 4 Stroke will cost you the same again. Trailer will be about €1.5k-2k. Electronics will be €1k for a half decent set. They you got your bits and pieces... Anchor, Chain Rope, some fenders and the other bits....€400 or so. You will not see much change from €16k.

Kev

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:14 am

Occasionally something decent comes up available on apolloduck.ie

You would want to check them carefully but thyere are some good ones.
From talking with people who bought there I think a "cheap engine included" is usually one step from the scrapheap but dragged out to help get the boat sold.
So if it has an engine included with it it's a good idea to figure the engine is worthless, when deciding for yourself if the price is interesting.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 am

so oars arent an option then lol...way to burst my bubble guys :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:01 pm

MAC wrote:Yeah,

You have to remember that a new 60Hp 4 Stroke will cost you the same again. Trailer will be about €1.5k-2k. Electronics will be €1k for a half decent set. They you got your bits and pieces... Anchor, Chain Rope, some fenders and the other bits....€400 or so. You will not see much change from €16k.

Kev

We have more or less whats above and your spot on with the price Kev. We went for a 70hp 2 stroke tho. And there was no change for the €16k. Not including getting it over from England.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:33 pm

id try a 03_04 quiksilver620 for 22_26k
may seem steep but can also brin u sharkin
if u ave 2-3 friends go splits
great boat can fish 4 easily

tight lines

Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 am

We have an Orkney 19ft....great boat for 2 people...it has an open cabin which is great to keep everything dry including yourself ! We have fished very deep in this during good weather and its suitable for shark fishing...we caught 24 last year. its the older model boat ...about 9 yrs old with 40hp 2 stroke. Ideal boat for 2 people to buy cos you can share the costs.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:10 pm

might also be an idea to check out manufacturers that offer an all in package i.e. engine and trailer included. again apollo duck has a few of these deals advertised.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:40 pm

just saw this 1 to give u an idea of costs,

http://fishingboats.apolloduck.ie/featu ... l?id=74811
and this as an example of what i mean with package deals.

http://fishingboats.apolloduck.ie/featu ... l?id=35839

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:25 pm

hi all

try and get yourself a second hand warrior 165 ,theyre a great boat and suit all types of fishig around the coast
i know where there is one going for the right money if you are interested let me know and i will pass you on the chaps phone number

ian

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:39 pm

I have a 2006 Explorer Elite for sale, fully kitted with everything.

I won't post the link as I don't want to upset the mods etc., but PM me if your interested.

Re: Recommend a boat?

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi SM...

You wont upset the mods :wink: Link away. You can also advertise it on site once you are happy with the charter rules.

Kev

Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks kev :wink:

Now posted in the 'For sale' section of this site. :wink:

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 pm

I bought a 21 ft. White Shark Fishing boat ( pictured below)about three months ago in the UK . spent ages looking on apolloduck etc. , Eventually saw my one on EBay.uk. It came with a 4 year old 150 HP Johnson outboard, 6 HP Mariner aux, VHF, GPS, Sounder, anchor, 2 year old DeGraffe twin axle trailer, Deck lighting etc. All in perfect condition. Had it serviced and checked out with a johnson dealer and he gave it thumbs up !! I got the whole package for €6,000 . Cost €600.00 to bring it home . Very pleased with the boat and great to handle. .
Theres bargains to be got if you shop around !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:01 pm

whiteshark1 wrote:I bought a 21 ft. White Shark Fishing boat ( pictured below)about three months ago in the UK . spent ages looking on apolloduck etc. , Eventually saw my one on EBay.uk. It came with a 4 year old 150 HP Johnson outboard, 6 HP Mariner aux, VHF, GPS, Sounder, anchor, 2 year old DeGraffe twin axle trailer, Deck lighting etc. All in perfect condition. Had it serviced and checked out with a johnson dealer and he gave it thumbs up !! I got the whole package for €6,000 . Cost €600.00 to bring it home . Very pleased with the boat and great to handle. .
Theres bargains to be got if you shop around !!!

nice looking boat and lots of room i presume...best of luck !......tight lines !

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 pm

That's a very good bargain and a fine looking boat. Best of luck with her and we hope to see you online here more often.

Kev