how much would a boat cost

Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:09 pm

im loking for somthing that would bring 4-6 people out fishing have a cabin big enough to store rods takle over night distince is that inportant but id like to go shark fishing just a ball park figure id say around 12000 second hand or so would i be right

Boat

Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:25 pm

I was in the same ballpark and ended up buying a boat blind from Florida. It was not as nice as I'd hoped but it could have been worse, and it cleaned up quite well.

The boat is a Bayliner Trophy 1802, and I don't think there is a better small fishing boat, unless its a Trophy 2052, or even the 23ft. It has a two berth cabin, offshore capability, fishlocker etc. Another boat in the same category would be the Raider 18, but they tend to be more expensive (here) and not so many features.

See one at: http://www.apolloduck.ie/feature.phtml?id=18743

Buying form Florida is a lottery, and although Global Trade Partners will furnish a list of satisfied customers, you won't hear of the unsatisfied ones from them. I wasn't totally happy, and I've corresponded with someone even less happy (only after I'd already paid!). Try and see a boat first. Very few Trophys come up either in Ireland or Englend though